Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Now we play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Preordering off gamestop for now on. Decided to try Amazon and wont be shipping it till tomorrow. Which means I will not get it until Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Preordering off gamestop for now on. Decided to try Amazon and wont be shipping it till tomorrow. Which means I will not get it until Tuesday.

Ah jesus Man!

I don't want to say too much an jinx my order but that is CAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,357 ✭✭✭✭noodler

GS can really only guaranteed it if you go express.

There are surely a million postal-related factors that can go wrong once they give it to them, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Glad I went Express. Didn't someone say GS used Nightline, in which case should we have a tracking number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Got the email to say its dispatched, not express but I can't play it tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Got my email this morning. Ordered express too. For the game price of only 29.99 and extra fiver is still cheaper then nearly anywhere else WITHOUT delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

kin9pin wrote: »
    Glad I went Express. Didn't someone say GS used Nightline, in which case should we have a tracking number?
    If you log into gamestop.ie and check the order there should be a link to nightlines tracking website once it ships.

My copy now on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Fingers crossed we'll have it in the morning :)...if true they really can do no wrong @ 35 beans delivered the day before official Euro release!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

does any one what to get a pe ordeer copy from blanch shoping center I ordered one but, i wont be able to collect it :( so Im goign to try order one from another games stop if theres time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,436 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

courier rang me , said he has a delivery from gamestop and where is exactly is my address. told him to drop it to work.

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

This morning - still Confirmed

shipment 11,169 Expected Ship Date 28-10-2011

No reply to an email enquiry made last night either......looks likely that it will be tomorrow at the earliest.

Probably means first come/first served as I only ordered it Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Lads, I think i've made a schoolboy error.

I pre-ordered from play. was only despatched tuesday....

Highly unlikely it'll be here tonight or tomorrow.

Odds for getting it from gamestop this late in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,436 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Fireborn wrote: »
    Lads, I think i've made a schoolboy error.

I pre-ordered from play. was only despatched tuesday....

Highly unlikely it'll be here tonight or tomorrow.

Odds for getting it from gamestop this late in the day?

not sure, play can take a while to deliver. tomorrow at earliest (or if there is midnight release) from gamestop I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Yeah, think i might hit up gamestop and see what the story is. It's weird, I wasn't bothered until this morning, now im excited like a kid at xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Pre-ordered mine and got the email yesterday saying it was shipped but didnt get it today!

I paid the €5.50 too....

Concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

mozattack wrote: »
    Pre-ordered mine and got the email yesterday saying it was shipped but didnt get it today!

I paid the €5.50 too....

Concerned.

Have you checked the tracking number on the site? Go to your order and click track order and it will give you the status of where it is.

Just got a call from the courier, it's on the way :D

Mine says its still at head office grr.... (which is in fact not far from where I live, but wanted it delivered to work today)

So express is by Courier?

I doubt it is coming today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mine still says it's at head office

• Advertisement

So express is by Courier?

I doubt it is coming today.

Have you been reading the thread? Some have theirs on the way already as the courier has called them.

Literally 2 posts above yours :rolleyes:

Have you been reading the thread? Some have theirs on the way already as the courier has called them.

Literally 2 posts above yours :rolleyes:

Yeah Gooner..I read the thread....especially the bit where it said Courier phoned them, theres no tracking number on the site and no courier phoned me.....First time I have ordered from gamestop and have got plenty of orders from different tech companies who do not split their standard/express between an post and courier.

Yeah Gooner..I read the thread....especially the bit where it said Courier phoned them, theres no tracking number on the site and no courier phoned me.....First time I have ordered from gamestop and have got plenty of orders from different tech companies who do not split their standard/express between an post and courier.

I'm not a gooner. Not every username has a football conetation :rolleyes:

So you read the part where Cherry says 'just got a call from the courier, its on the way'.

EVERY site I've ever ordered from splits their delivery services between standard post and courier. Hence the difference in price and speed of delivery.

You are usually given the choice at checkout.

God knows where you're ordering your stuff from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Well it's arrived. Downloading updates though!

If it says shipped on your order status then then the tracking number will be supplied. Mine was at head office last night but showed up as "On van" at 8am this morning.

Luckily I was on their earlier route!

Well yeah....God knows and I know.

I order from different Software companies for instance where the cost of the software means it sometimes is courier only if expensive software (as in 1k+) and by on Post if it isn't (as in 100euro and under).

Is that clear enough now? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

I got the email saying it was shipped at about 6 o clock last night, I'm also using express post, but when I look at the order on gamestop.ie it just says "confirmed". So I'm kinda confused at the moment as to whether I'll get it today or not cause express post is meant to be next day delivery according to anpost.ie

kensutz wrote: »
    Mine still says it's at head office

I just emailed Nightline there, and they told me they havent received it from Gamestop yet..... even though it shipped 2 days ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Mine is still at head office on Nightline site. Wont expect it today. So long as it arrives first thing tomorrow morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Had to email them to get my shipping order.
    Says it's on van in Waterford! Woot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Had to email them to get my shipping order.
    Says it's on van in Waterford! Woot.
    when did you email them and how long did it take for a reply?

Advertisement