Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Clicked 'Contact Us' on bottom of Gamestop website.
    Got a reply 5 mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

Cool thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Had to email them to get my shipping order.
    Says it's on van in Waterford! Woot.

Waterford guy? Well boiy?

I got this email

"Hi,

This shipped to you yesterday.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,
    Rebecca"

Does this mean I mightn't get it tomorrow (don't care about today). I paid €5.50 postage, surely that is "express post". Please allay my fears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SaviorSelf

Living in South Dublin, Paid for Express. My Package has been in a Nightline van since 7am. I want my game (PC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Got a call from a courier just now, should have it in about half an hour (i hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Paid for express and it just arrived to my workplace. Won't get to play it until 9pm this evening. :(

mozattack wrote: »
    I got this email

"Hi,

This shipped to you yesterday.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,
    Rebecca"

Does this mean I mightn't get it tomorrow (don't care about today). I paid €5.50 postage, surely that is "express post". Please allay my fears.

Anyone know if I would have express post... I dunno how I can check this and I did pay €5.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tinyark

Ordered with GameStop 3 weeks ago. Disaster:(

The email I got yesterday didn't list my full address

I emailled GS this morning to clarify my address and Rebecca called to confirm it. She also said my game was on the NightLink van.

I have just been emailed saying its in the warehouse. Going for delivery tomorrow.

It's crap, I have already been told its on a van.

So I have asked for a refund for the game AND the express fee.

I'll get my game at 9am from GAME and not at 1pm (possibly) from GAmeStop

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

SaviorSelf wrote: »
    Living in South Dublin, Paid for Express. My Package has been in a Nightline van since 7am. I want my game (PC)
    I'm in South Dublin too and got mine about 20minutes ago so could be with you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm in South Dublin and there's no sign of mine. No call from the courier and I'm not even sure if it's in a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tinyark wrote: »

I emailled GS this morning to clarify my address and Rebecca called to confirm it. She also said my game was on the NightLink van.

I have just been emailed saying its in the warehouse. Going for delivery tomorrow.

Im gonna say this is a kneejerk reaction to a first time online orderer, how would gamestop know if its on the nightlink van? Everyone seriously needs to calm the **** down the game will arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Also in South Dublin, tracking just says HEAD OFFICE so I don't even think mine is anywhere near!
    Looks like Fifa tonight then.

VinLieger wrote: »

Im gonna say this is a kneejerk reaction to a first time online orderer, how would gamestop know if its on the nightlink van? Everyone seriously needs to calm the **** down the game will arrive.
    I got a call from GameStop TELLING me it's on the van. That's how. I want the game as soon as possible, now I'm looking at 12pm tomorrow, earliest and all because GameStop put the wrong address on the item.

I'd rather get it at 9am somewhere else.

I got a call from GameStop TELLING me it's on the van. That's how. I want the game as soon as possible, now I'm looking at 12pm tomorrow, earliest and all because GameStop put the wrong address on the item.

Did they say they would refund you? In fairness to Gamestop, they only guarantee that Express service will be delivered on release date, not the day before.

kin9pin wrote: »

Did they say they would refund you? In fairness to Gamestop, they only guarantee that Express service will be delivered on release date, not the day before.

Thats true but I think anyone who paused the extra money would want the game at 9am. As it stands its perfectly ok to ask for a refund. At any point a customer can get a refund so long as the game is intact. Sometimes even if it's played.

It's the poor service I'm annoyed at. The contracdicting info.

I've learnt my lesson :)

Quote from their site on how to cancel the order so i wouldnt be so quick to act
    "Not a problem! As long as the order hasn't already left our warehouse that shouldn't be an issue. Just email your contact details and a copy of your order confirmation email to hello@gamestop.ie"

If it doesnt arrive tomorrow yeah get on it but dont be pissed cus some people got it before you and your panicky cus it seems like theyve put the wrong address on it, Also so what if gamestop told you it was on the truck they arent their trucks so i would trust the courier before gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

emailed them yesterday and today with nothing other than the automated reply.

Won't be ordering from them again after this.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Quote from their site on how to cancel the order so i wouldnt be so quick to act
    "Not a problem! As long as the order hasn't already left our warehouse that shouldn't be an issue. Just email your contact details and a copy of your order confirmation email to hello@gamestop.ie"

If it doesnt arrive tomorrow yeah get on it but dont be pissed cus some people got it before you and your panicky cus it seems like theyve put the wrong address on it, Also so what if gamestop told you it was on the truck they arent their trucks so i would trust the courier before gamestop

I've no intention of cancelling the order. I'm working tomorrow so I merely wanted to guarantee that I get it on release date. Would've been a nice bonus to play tonight, but it's not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got mine,

the reason the courier rang me is my address has no numbers/street name, and part of the address is actually misleading.

i doubt they will ring people with straight forward addresses (but may be wrong)

• Advertisement

I've no intention of cancelling the order. I'm working tomorrow so I merely wanted to guarantee that I get it on release date. Would've been a nice bonus to play tonight, but it's not the end of the world.

Meant to reply to Tinyark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

to be fair ive emailed them several times and theyve always humanly replied.

mine hasnt arrived but so what,i paid extra to have on friday and not monday. this is the guarantee, some people got lucky..c'est la vie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

You can't really complain about not getting the game the day before it's released. That's not what preordering is for

• Registered Users Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

to be fair ive emailed them several times and theyve always humanly replied.

mine hasnt arrived but so what,i paid extra to have on friday and not monday. this is the guarantee, some people got lucky..c'est la vie

would not have been bothered if it had not come today, it is a day early of release !!

it saves me the hassle of going to the shop tomorrow myself to get it by online order.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

al28283 wrote: »
    You can't really complain about not getting the game the day before it's released. That's not what preordering is for

Not the point....I build websites....I tell people in Business I build them for not to include email if they don't intend answering it each day.

Game are a huge company and their website should have up to date details regarding status of orders.

Companies who sell online should have their $h!% together..It isn't good enough.

Game are a huge company and their website should have up to date details regarding status of orders.

I thought they did (Gamestop). There's a link to the courier tracking page on the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I thought they did (Gamestop). There's a link to the courier tracking page on the order.

Yea, you can email them too, they got back to me pretty soon

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

I'm a bit confused over the extras offered, Gamestop seems to indicate pre-ordering gets you the Karkand map pack, "physical warfare" extra weapons and the "specact kit", while other places seem to show the extra maps are included with "limited edition" which seems to just be the bog standard edition and only the extra weapons are thrown in with pre-orders.

I'm not pushed on getting it first thing on day of release and was planning on picking it up over the weekend or next week from a store and while I'm not bothered by the extra guns and outfits I want the Karkand map pack. Does it have to be preordered and posted to get the extra maps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just got my email there to say it shipped, guessing i'll have it tomorrow :) ....was hoping i'd be lucky enough to get it early, but hey it suits me better cos i've tomorrow off!

• Advertisement

A: How do I know if I have "express delivery" or not? I ordered it so long ago I don't remember. I paid €5.50 delivery which would imply I have some sorted of faster delivery

B: How do I track my order?

Mine was "shipped" since 6pm yesterday... Surely have it tomorrow.

[By the way I think they have been brilliant with replies from email]

Advertisement