Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

5.50 to deliver a game is a joke. It should come for release day no matter what option you choose. Im going to go down town and get it and post back the gamestop copy when it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

feylya wrote: »
    I paid the €5.50 delivery and I don't have my copy.

But its on route, and you know it is.

They all leave the depots at 8.30, just depends on when the van gets to your stop. You know the situation is completely different, so stop trying to be a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tinyark

I paid the €5.50 delivery and I don't have my copy.

They all leave the depots at 8.30, just depends on when the van gets to your stop. You know the situation is completely different, so stop trying to be a smart arse.
    I wonder if you would feel the same if you were waiting while others were playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I got dark souls with express a day early so i assumed by that id get it on release day by standard. Bad idea there. Wasn't in too much of a rush to get it but wish i had it now.

bush wrote: »
    5.50 to deliver a game is a joke. It should come for release day no matter what option you choose. Im going to go down town and get it and post back the gamestop copy when it comes.

5.50 is completely the buyers choice and is a courier charge, not gamestops, and since gamestop had the cheapest price of anywhere, to moan about a fairly paltry 5.50 for courier delivery (when in total its still cheaper than anywhere else) really is the height of scabbyness.

• Advertisement

Tinyark wrote: »
    I wonder if you would feel the same if you were waiting while others were playing?

I was waiting. Plenty of others got theirs yesterday. So loads of lads were playing last night while I still awaited my copy.

Today is release day, so if you got it delivered yesterday, you were lucky and got it early, if you got it today, you got it on release day.

The money wasn't the point. Most ppl pay express to have the game early. Ppl hope that extra 5 quid means they can play the game ahead of release. The very phrase 'express' suggests that you can AT LEAST play on the morning of release.

The fact is, next time I'll spent Dublin buses 1.20 and GAMES 49.99 and be playing the game by 10am.

GameStop are a shower

5.50 is completely the buyers choice and is a courier charge, not gamestops, and since gamestop had the cheapest price of anywhere, to moan about a fairly paltry 5.50 for courier delivery (when in total its still cheaper than anywhere else) really is the height of scabbyness.

It would have ended up the same price as buying it down town if I used courier. I ordered online to save some money cos there are a lot of games out around now. Im sorry for being such a scabby bastard but it should arrive on release day no matter what option you choose. Otherwise whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

^^^^^ Explain that one then? I was told I would have it for Friday, standard or not. Anyway, I have my second copy now and is installing. Nothing else matters much right now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

And I could have had it at 9 am if I hadn't preordered and had just gone to the local Smyths instead. I preordered it so I would have it ready to be played this morning when it got unlocked. Now, I don't have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

Well I pre-ordered bf3 last month from gamestop.ie, got an email on wednesday saying it had been shipped but it didn't arrive in the post today...

That kinda puts me off pre-ordering stuff anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

ObliVion86 wrote: »
    Well I pre-ordered bf3 last month from gamestop.ie, got an email on wednesday saying it had been shipped but it didn't arrive in the post today...

That kinda puts me off pre-ordering stuff anymore.

I'm the same, from now on, its preorder my games with steam/origin or whatever applies. Then pre-install and play immediately at midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

Anyone got theirs from standard delivery today,ita being delivered to Waterford but no sign yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm fierce impatient :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

noobacus wrote: »
    Anyone got theirs from standard delivery today,ita being delivered to Waterford but no sign yet
    Is that with an post?

And I could have had it at 9 am if I hadn't preordered and had just gone to the local Smyths instead. I preordered it so I would have it ready to be played this morning when it got unlocked. Now, I don't have it.

So you reckon they get 10,000* little vans out so everyone gets the game at the same time, or did you assume not many people would pre-order??

Come on, seriously a bit of cop-on required lads.

*might be an exaggeration of copies sold, I have no idea how many copies Gamestop had for pre-order.

So you reckon they get 10,000* little vans out so everyone gets the game at the same time, or did you assume not many people would pre-order??

Come on, seriously a bit of cop-on required lads.

*might be an exaggeration of copies sold, I have no idea how many copies Gamestop had for pre-order.

No, I assume that the company lives up to their declaration of "Delivered on or before 28/10/2011", the before part being the key thing here.

If I paid €5.50 for express delivery, that's what I expected. Because I gave GameStop my money, I don't have the game yet. As I said, I could have driven to Smyths (or even GameStop) and gotten the game and a brekkie roll at 9 this morning for the same price.

No, I assume that the company lives up to their declaration of "Delivered on or before 28/10/2011", the before part being the key thing here.

If I paid €5.50 for express delivery, that's what I expected. Because I gave GameStop my money, I don't have the game yet. As I said, I could have driven to Smyths (or even GameStop) and gotten the game and a brekkie roll at 9 this morning for the same price.

Its still the 28th, and will be for another 11 hours. :rolleyes:

You know its out on the van, you said so yourself, so why not call nightline and find out where it is instead of needlessly moaning. Does a couple of hours really make that much difference?

You're ignoring the points that I'm making here.

I paid €5 to get something delivered by express post so I would have it for this morning. That has not happened. The fact that it's in a van is quite irrelevant.

and boom, courier rings me to say he's outside :)

• Advertisement

You're ignoring the points that I'm making here.

I paid €5 to get something delivered by express post so I would have it for this morning. That has not happened. The fact that it's in a van is quite irrelevant.

Why did you assume you'd have it in the morning? The only thing they guaranteed was today, the 28th. That's what you paid the 5.50 for. Which was courier, not express post, you would have got your tracking number etc

If you wanted to go in a get it yourself this morning, you would be paying at least an extra tenner on top of the gamestop price [inc delivery] which would have been of course your own perogative (let alone the fact you get the DLC for free too, which you'd have to buy later on).

You could have of course pre-ordered from a shop, which would mean you could have collected it this morning / last night. But I assume you didn't do it that way, as online was cheaper.

So really, you're complaining about nothing. Your game is on the way, you'll have it today, and you'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

pacquiao wrote: »
    noobacus wrote: »
    Is that with an post?

I presume it's with an post alright, I presume that's who gamestop use.

Just spoke to NightLink. Even though GameStop sent an email saying shipped on the 26th, NightLink says only picked up last night. Says I 'should' have it by 5.30

Dublin city center btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Screw it I'm ringing in sick tonight. gonna order pizza and wine. I'm playing Battlefield today and nothing will stop me (unless the game doesnt arrive of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just rang gamestop clarehall, they have one put aside for me till after work..

tesco, 24 brahma, jellies, oven dinner
    gamestop, game.

kiss gf goodbye, "enjoy the hens", 18hr session...

If you wanted to go in a get it yourself this morning, you would be paying at least an extra tenner on top of the gamestop price [inc delivery] which would have been of course your own perogative (let alone the fact you get the DLC for free too, which you'd have to buy later on).

360 version is basically the same price as gamestop + courrier in xtravision. xtravision are also giving the dlc codes too.

I had just started into some crappy assignments thinking I'd have all day..oh how that has changed.. http://i.imgur.com/joV41.jpg :)

Tinyark wrote: »
    Just spoke to NightLink. Even though GameStop sent an email saying shipped on the 26th, NightLink says only picked up last night. Says I 'should' have it by 5.30

Dublin city center btw.

Same thing with Gamestop myself, said 'shipped' on the site (which basically just means reserved off their system) but Nightline didn't collect until last night either, and on van at 8.30 this morning.

Same thing with Gamestop myself, said 'shipped' on the site (which basically just means reserved off their system) but Nightline didn't collect until last night either, and on van at 8.30 this morning.

So they didnt send them out until last night even though it said shipped on Wednesday? No wonder the standard post copies didnt turn up today. What a joke, never using them again.

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    So they didnt send them out until last night even though it said shipped on Wednesday? No wonder the standard post copies didnt turn up today. What a joke, never using them again.

You saved a tenner, and you get it on launch day.

Really a load of whiny little gits in this thread!

Advertisement