Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

kin9pin wrote: »
    I've learnt my lesson. This is the first and last time I pre-order online, just not worth the hassle.

you're right, mate ..isn't worth all this cr*p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

finally one word : GUARANTEED, mate ...all about it, if they can't be sure own terms, all 'contract' between sides shop-buyer fails so as pre-order by gamestop.ie ...amen

Guaranteed on or before

I'll explain this for you. This means that it will arrive on the 28th October, or before that. So at the latest, the 28th October (i.e today).

It does not say it WILL arrive before, or it WILL arrive on.

Seriously, learn to read man, learn to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

gcgirl wrote: »
    So many things I would saydo to her over missing the courier ;)

fixed your post... then noticed you were a chick.. even better!!

Guaranteed on or before

I'll explain this for you. This means that it will arrive on the 28th October, or before that. So at the latest, the 28th October (i.e today).

It does not say it WILL arrive before, or it WILL arrive on.

Seriously, learn to read man, learn to read.

one question, are you working for gamestop ....btw, you missed the point, mate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

one question, are you working for gamestop ....btw, you missed the point, mate

No I don;t work for them, I just don't understand the moaning.

What point did I miss? That nowhere does it say you'll definitely get it before the release date? That a pre-order is exactly that, you can 'order' it before release, nothing more.

They have stated, only with express delivery, that it is guaranteed on or before the 28th. So if you used express, you'll get it by some stage today (if you haven't got it already).

Its really not that difficult to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Mine just arrived there. Poor sod has been delivering these all day I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 grey_man

Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat as most others who went with 'standard delivery'.

I'm just wondering if I was to buy a limited edition B3 in HMV or in a local Gamestop store would I still get the 'Physical Warfare Pack', the 'Specact Pack' and the 'Back to Karkand' DLC or is this strictly pre-order only?

Thanks in advance,
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I preordered it for xbox 360 about 3 weeks ago.
    I went for standard delivery.
    I didn't get it either.
    Same thing happened with rage, I preordered it and it didn't arrive until the following wednesday.
    When I preordered Deus ex human revolution it arrived the thursday before release and that was using the standard delivery.
    Gamestop's service has taken a big downhill turn lately.
    They shouldn't make guarantees that they can't deliver on.
    I doubt that it is an post's fault twice in a row.
    I don't mind that much as I've got other games to play but I am very unimpressed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Id say its a case of gamestop having too many orders for it to process and just didnt get them sent out early enough despite getting dispatch emails on wed etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Didn't get my copy from Amazon today. Would have expected it to arrive today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I order last week from Game and got my email but no sign of the game and and won't have it now until next Tuesday at the earliest.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 magill sanchez

I'm in the South Inner City and I just recieved the game, I asked the courier how busy he was and he said he'll be kept going until 8pm this evening so hopefully if anyone is still waiting on their's they'll get it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

I sent my wife into gamestop to collect it today. I had €38 paid off on it from trading in Dead Island. They tried to tell her that I had only €3 paid off. Really lucky that I kept the receipt from the dead island trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Didn't get my copy from Amazon today. Would have expected it to arrive today..
    Didn't get mine from Amazon either. It will be Tuesday now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

And its a bank holiday weekend too so no post til tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

I ordered the game with stardard delivery but since i probally wont get til tuesday or wednesday, would I be able to buy it in another store today and get a refund on the game when gamestop finally deliver it? Also, would i have to mail it back to gamestop or could I get a refund instore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Gear9992 wrote: »
    I ordered the game with stardard delivery but since i probally wont get til tuesday or wednesday, would I be able to buy it in another store today and get a refund on the game when gamestop finally deliver it? Also, would i have to mail it back to gamestop or could I get a refund instore?

Your entitled to return it within 7 days under the distance selling regulation. Just don't open it. You will have to pay postage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

I have to say Gamestop has screwed this up. They could have started sending this game at least a week ago. No matter how many days ago the game was installed it wouldn't play until EA lets it.

..end of the story.... f*ck late delivery, just came back from the town with Limited Edition for 39.99 ..so when my pre-ordered version arrives going to send it back with some kind of 'nice' letter ...
    peace
    stuff

Marcin B wrote: »
    I have to say Gamestop has screwed this up. They could have started sending this game at least a week ago. No matter how many days ago the game was installed it wouldn't play until EA lets it.

thats right, now they trying to blame an-post lol,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Fcuk. Same story here, just got back from college looking forward to this and... nothing. Even though it was "despatched" Wednesday. Weekend ruined :\

Redisle wrote: »
    Fcuk. Same story here, just got back from college looking forward to this and... nothing. Even though it was "despatched" Wednesday. Weekend ruined :\

go to shop and get one, mate...when arrives just send it back, you'll get refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Didn't get mine from Amazon either. It will be Tuesday now.
    Don't they deliver on saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Mine arrived at half 3 this afternoon, I had opted for express delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Don't they deliver on saturdays?

An Post or courier ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Actually you can just return it to a gamestop store and they will refund you, no need to post.
    I want to return a product I bought online

Not what you thought? That's okay; you can return products anywhere up to 7 days from receiving the delivery as long as the product and packaging are in brand new condition.

The easiest way is to pop down to your local GameStop store and return the items across the counter for a quick exchange. Remember to bring your invoice with you. Before you call to your local store please contact our customer service centre at hello@gamestop.ie

If you prefer you can send it back to our online returns department, keep in mind though that if shipping back an item it will take a few days for us to process the return/exchange. Before you send it back to our returns department please contact our customer service centre at hello@gamestop.ie

@gcgirl...no one delivers on sat, sat delivery costs a loads more than during the week

ok, going to install it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Mine was finally delivered at 5 tonight. The courier took pity and came back to the house.
    Patch installed, 8 pack in the fridge, looking forward at least 6 hours of BF3!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭harryohh

Redisle wrote: »

Exactly the same for me. Not a happy camper. No way was it dispatched Wednesday as emailed by gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nothing this morning, raging, at this stage its both gamestop and an posts fault but still, gamstop could have sent it earlier knowing it was a bank holiday

Advertisement