Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nothing this morning, raging, at this stage its both gamestop and an posts fault but still, gamstop could have sent it earlier knowing it was a bank holiday

Pretty sure they would have been restricted by how early they could send it out by EA.

Then having to rely on An Post for next day delivery would not be something I'd be willing to do.

Did anyone who took the An Post option get theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Pretty sure they would have been restricted by how early they could send it out by EA.

Then having to rely on An Post for next day delivery would not be something I'd be willing to do.

Did anyone who took the An Post option get theirs yet?

actually scratch that, id been told the post had arrived but it hadnt, now holding my copy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Post arrived already and there was no game in sight! :(:mad::confused::mad:
    Went for the standard €2 delivery. They've really dropped the ball on this one, unless it comes through the door as I type...... I'm not holding out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i ordered mine by normal post and it dropped in the door this morning in waterford

I'm hoping that he's doing his usual thing and delivers letters first and then comes around with the packages afterwards. Again, not holding out much hope though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's really crap to see alot of you having this problem.

I really dislike this Europe release dates on Fridays. Super ****y day for deleveries. If the game is not in at Friday it means you got a weekend and sometimes Monday idle.

If you ordered from gamestop, why dont you just go buy there now, and when you copy comes in post, then refund it at gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

My copy came today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

My copy still hasn't arrived.

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭McGrath5

No sign of my copy, I have been off work since friday so if it arrives tomorrow i won't have a chance to get properly stuck into it until Sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Haven't got mine from Amazon yet :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I ordered mine from gamestop last Friday with standard delivery. It arrived this morning at 10am with night line.

Jet Black wrote: »
    I ordered mine from gamestop last Friday with standard delivery. It arrived this morning at 10am with night line.
    Nightline shouldn't have delivered it if it was standard delivery (€2) An post do, at least as far as I know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Nothing here yet (Cork). really not impressed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Jet Black wrote: »
    Nightline shouldn't have delivered it if it was standard delivery (€2) An post do, at least as far as I know.

Yeah I know, wasn't expecting it until the end of this week by an post. I ordered after a lot of people on here and recieved it before them

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

BF3 just arrived in the post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Still waiting on my copy (Dublin) and I guess An Post have a crap load of packages to send so I guess this may one of the reasons it's delayed.

Hopefully I have it by tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Just got my standard delivery one. Better late than never

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Mine just arrived in Dublin standard post.

Should have just got it in the shop. No more pre-ordering for me.

Are people who ordered this using standard delivery getting this in the door with their usual post? or later on in the day after the post has come?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Are people who ordered this using standard delivery getting this in the door with their usual post? or later on in the day after the post has come?

Just hanging out my letterbox by the postman. If anyone wanted a free game they'd just have to take a peek in my doorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭harryohh

Mine came today as well. With usual post in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

When my game didn't come on Friday I was pissed off so I sent a email to Game just to let them know I wasn't happy with there pre order service. I know it's not going to do anything, but it might make them cop on in future when taking pre order sales. I'm sure they get the game at least a week in advance.

Still haven't got the game yet today

Here's their reply.
    Hi,

I'm afraid your order was shipped on Wednesday 26th. We Guarantee all express delivery orders to be delivered for the day of release if not beforehand. We move mountains to have the standard delivery orders delivered for the day of release, however An Post have advised us that they are experiencing some delays due to a back log of deliveries as a result of last weeks floods, they advise that standard mail may take between 2-5 working days for delivery. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,
    P***y

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Just arrived :D Standard post btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Fnz wrote: »
    My copy still hasn't arrived.

I am disappoint.
    My copy did arrive (from Gamestop, standard post option).

I am jubilant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

Still waiting for my copy of BF3 from GameStop to be delivered to Tallaght

Choose standard delivery as it was the only option available when I preordered

Hope it turns up tomorrow

Wont bother preordering linemen this just to be waiting around for the post to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Mine just arrived yesterday afternoon in the post so started playing ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Finally I now have my copy of the game:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ordered tuesday before launch date and selected express delivery. was delivered on friday morning but havent been able to play since Sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    When my game didn't come on Friday I was pissed off so I sent a email to Game just to let them know I wasn't happy with there pre order service. I know it's not going to do anything, but it might make them cop on in future when taking pre order sales. I'm sure they get the game at least a week in advance.

Here's their reply.
    I got that exact same reply, trying to pass the blame to an post while other people down my way and further received it on the Friday I didn't get it til Tuesday. I replied back to that mail asking for tracking numbers and proof of where it was on what days, seems to have been ignored so I'm going to be a bit sterner today and see what happens.

Late delivery is one thing. Ignoring emails from unhappy customers is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

Tazzimus wrote: »
    EKRIUQ wrote: »

Here's their reply.
    I got that exact same reply, trying to pass the blame to an post while other people down my way and further received it on the Friday I didn't get it til Tuesday. I replied back to that mail asking for tracking numbers and proof of where it was on what days, seems to have been ignored so I'm going to be a bit sterner today and see what happens.

Late delivery is one thing. Ignoring emails from unhappy customers is ridiculous.

Same thing happened to me

Preordered online
    paid with PayPal and got an email on the Wednesday before launch day that the game had shipped

No sign of the game by Friday 28th
    Bought a 2nd copy from GameStop in the square and exchanged alot of emails with GameStop complaining I never received my game.

Left it til the Tuesday because of the bank holiday weekend and emailed them again

A few more complaints and Friday I received my copy my courier which they sent to me on Wednesday.

Wouldn't bother preordering online anymore as I've had the same problems with Amazon & Play
    They can't seem to have the game shipped for release day to Ireland.

Best advise I could give is to preorder in the shop and collect it yourself, tell GameStop that you want a refund and that should get them to get their finger out.

None of the messing around waiting for the postie

I would commend Gamesnash as I did preorder Crysis 2 from them and received it the morning of release. If they could do some of the preorder deals or supply the limited edition games that the other retailers get theotmr hands on I'd go with Gamesnasgmh again for all future purchases

Advertisement