Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRIS app trouble for Samsung Galaxy Europa

Options
  • 24-10-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I want to download IRIS for my Samsung Galaxy Europa but when I do and click into it, a little box pops up saying "No Speech Input"
    What do I need to download from the android market to get it working??

Please help!

Sylvia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

when you ran it for the first time did it ask you what TTS to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia88

Hmmmm, i think it did im not sure. I ended up un installing it untill i figured it out.
    I picked the google tts..

if you pick the google one, make sure you have set it up.
    use the google voice app first, it needs to pick a language and a few other things iirc.

i used the samsung tts when i installed it and it worked fine, if you use that double tap home before you run iris in case vlingo needs to be set up

is it working now?

Oooh give me 5 mins!!
    Thanks!

Nope, no joy. I re installed and it still says no speech input when i go into IRIS. I havent a clue where to start and even when i try to go into my text to speech section in the settings on my phone i dont know how to get it working.

• Advertisement

downloaded. Im sorry I sound awful stupid but now what??

Oh it works now!! Thank you sooooo much!!!

no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Downloaded this yesterday evening.

Pile of crap tbh.

Cant think what its good for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Downloaded this yesterday on my SGS2. I asked it for the lyrics for a John Lennon song and it told me 'He is dead'. I then asked it for the weather in Dublin and it said it was summer even though it was raining all day. The app then started asking me random questions like 'what is the tallest mountain in the world'. It got quite aggressive when I refused to answer! It was quite funny but also quite useless. Uninstalled.

how do you get the app to ask you a question?
    all it seems to do is read out the results for "im feeling lucky" on google.
    i presume the apple siri app does something a bit more?

Advertisement