Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A classy perfume that is popular

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

I've just come back from Galway city and had a little visit to the perfume store on Shop St. Oh yes, I found some Safari perfume and grabbed it with both hands. BTW, it was at a special price, so any Safari fans, get there fast, I left one or two behind me, but that's all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ceekay123

Burburry, Chanel coco madamoiselle (amazing!) and Victoria beckham...

All 3 beautiful, classy perfumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle I think is lovely, wear it most of the time.
    evenings Chanel Coco is a bit heavier
    Chanel no. 17 I used to wear when I was younger.
    Whilst I like the smell of some Dior (hate with a vengeance Poison) they give me a headache.
    Yves St. Laurent - very popular was Rive Gauche, personally I prefer Y

As for buying perfume you have to try it yourself, Anais Anais (Cacharel) smells lovely on my mum but it just nothing on me. No. 17 was lovely on me in my teens and twenties as my skin has dried and aged, it really doesn't suit me any more, there are a few more that fall into that bracket.
    Good quality perfumes interact with the oils on your skin and the scent becomes more personal. The success of Poison in '80s and '90s was that it smelt the same on everyone so you knew what you were buying. Personally I hate those over powering perfumes.

Buy what suits, also try and get the eau de parfum or parfum, they carry more oils which helps the fragrance stay on the skin. The eau de toilette is much more heavily diluted so although significantly cheaper, they don't last as long. Personally I think it si worth the extra money for the eau de parfum, the parfum for the fragrances I like usually requires a trip through duty free or an over draft:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Doing secret santa, budget of 15. There's hardly any nice perfumes out there for this budget? Please help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Another big +1 here for Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf!

I love Armani Code too and Marc Jacobs - Lola!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

juicy couture- viva la juicy
    or
    d&g- the one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Doing secret santa, budget of 15. There's hardly any nice perfumes out there for this budget? Please help :)

Boots are doing CK IN2U for €17.50 in boots. There's probably more on sale I just saw that as I walked in :P Have a look in Boots and ya might pick up something.

Does it have to be perfume?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Boots are doing CK IN2U for €17.50 in boots. There's probably more on sale I just saw that as I walked in :P Have a look in Boots and ya might pick up something.

Does it have to be perfume?

Well I know she would like perfume as she lost 2 of hers out recently! Thanks for help, student discount in Boots also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

M&S do dupes of some of the bigger perfumes like D&G light blue and Lancome Hypnose - have a google. They are less than 15e for 100ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Wow I bought Intimately Beckham for her today and it's really beautiful, classy, a bit floral, musky. I'm very impressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I love

Doir Addict
    Chanel Allure
    Chanel Chance
    SJP Lovely (my day-to-day perfume, love it)

My husband bought me Duo by Azzarro - much more sweeter than anything I'd buy myself but it's really growing on me! Lovely after about an hour or so when the sweet tones die down a little ..

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Clinique - Happy, is lovely for day wear. I also love Pure Poison by Dior and Coco Mademoiselle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Bulgari White Tea, Bulgari BLV Notte pour Femme, Marc Jacobs Daisy.

Most perfume gives me a headache and I prefer clean, woody smells to anything floral. Lancôme perfume makes me feel nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sasha42

Thanks for the recommendations girls.. theres a few there i will be following up for sure.

Lanvin - Eclat D'arpege is lovely too, I always get comments whenever I wear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Givenchy - Play
    Pacco Rabanne - One in a million
    Most of the Lancome perfumes mainly miracle, and hypnose
    Ralph Lauren, Elizabeth Arden and I like a couple of others too

They don't smell too strongly for me, flowery, fruity, vanilla and herbal scents but don't like perfumes too strong like estee lauder ones as they give me a headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I alternate between light blue by D&G and Flowers by Kenzo...love them both :)

I'd love loads of perfumes but would never buy perfume for myself so I satisfy myself with the scents I get from many subtle (and not so) hints!!!

Advertisement