Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very General But- WHERE TO GO?

• 24-10-2011 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Myself and my boyfriend were both recently made redundant. Most of the money is being saved or going on practical things like his college education. But we have both decided to take a little bit of it and treat ourselves to a holiday around the beginning of next April. We had hoped to go to Thailand but that seems a tad out of budget right now.

The main question is Where should we go? We have looked at options such as Bulgaria, Prague, Paris, Lanzerote, Spain, Portugal etc. Basically somewhere that we can have a nice holiday without breaking the bank. Any info or tip from those of you who have visited these places (where to stay, what the food is like, is it expensive there?) would be very much appreciated.

Also if any of you have any other destination suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Easter Sunday is on 8th April, 2012, so holidays around that time would be more expensive than normal. Schools will be closed for 2 weeks. I'd say avoid going around Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Was in Krakow in early September for 4 days. Very nice city, worked out about 90/night for a good hotel near the main square, food and drink was pretty cheap - about €2 a pint, meals about €30-35 for the two of us.
    Handy enough to get to, Ryanair direct flight, and the airport is 30 minutes by train from the city.
    Not a ton of stuff to do in the city, but it's nice to wander around for a couple of days. There's a few day trips you can do, and if you're just looking for somewhere to chill for a few days it's pretty good.
    Weather was low 20s, got up to 28 the last day, not sure what it's like in April.
    Also, Euro2012 is in Poland next year - there's no matches in Krakow, but people might still end up staying there, so could drive prices up during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Passenger87

Hmmm Krakow could be nice.

Unfortunately we have to go around midterm as my OH is in college so other than that we would be going during the extremely peak times.

Advertisement