Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Costume - Maverick from Top Gun. Please help!

Options
  • 24-10-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello all.

Halloween approaches once again. It is one of my favourite events of the year to be honest.

This year I was hoping to go as one of my all time heroes, Maverick from Top Gun. :D

However I am a bit stumped as to where I could get some green overalls / Jump suit in Dublin, such as below. (Or something vaguely similiar)
    QMoX.jpg

I would also like to purchase some American flag patches / war looking medals or badges to sew onto it. Anyone know where I could purchase any?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Im in the same boat. Goin with the missus as the couple from Top Gun.
    Any hardware store should have overalls. Hit and miss to get the right shade of greeen.

Finding decent army badges to sew on is stumping me though... Anyone?
    Maybe raid an old army jacket??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cobbe354

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Im in the same boat. Goin with the missus as the couple from Top Gun.
    Any hardware store should have overalls. Hit and miss to get the right shade of greeen.

Finding decent army badges to sew on is stumping me though... Anyone?
    Maybe raid an old army jacket??

Hey there Dr Nic.

I had to bite the bullet as I was having no luck in Dublin city centre finding anything along the lines of a jumpsuit or patches / badges. I spent 3 hours yesterday in search!! The first halloween party I was going to was on thursday evening, and time was unfortunately running out.

So I ordered the actual Top Gun costume from the costumeshop.ie.

product_image_2391_2223.jpg
    It just arrived and I am now wearing it, fits very comfotorable. Comes with 3 changable names, Maverick, Goose and Iceman. And the aviator sunglasses also.

They also have a few female Top Gun costume, if you and your missus were planning on going as the couple.

Sorry I could be of no further help, good luck! :-)

-Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

What is the quality of the jumpsuit like?
    Will it last a night out?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Bit late to say now, but if I remember correctly, Millets on mary st. do a fair bit of army clothing, so something might be found in there...

the fancy dress store have a cheaper version of the overalls

http://www.fancydressstore.ie/aviator/p-28623pd.html

and they also give you the option of picking up at their premises in blackrock so no delivery charge if you're out that way!

I've just ordered Rambo for the husband from them :D

• Advertisement

Dr Nic wrote: »
    What is the quality of the jumpsuit like?
    Will it last a night out?
    Thanks!

It's actually very good quality to be honest! It should last a whole night out, hell I think i could wear it next year and years to come! :)

100% polyester it says. I'd trust it to not rip. I've tugged at it a bit to see if it's up to the challenge and it's not ripping in any way or whatnot. Can't guarantee what it will be like after a few drinks spilled on it, but we'll see :P

I got mixed up with the OP and Dr. Nic!!!

Sorry I was too late Cobbe!

I got mixed up with the OP and Dr. Nic!!!

Sorry I was too late Cobbe!

No worries whatsoever!

I'm sure someone out there might be looking for the cheaper alternative to a Top Gun costume :D

Advertisement