Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Milkman service - D8

Options
  • 24-10-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

A guy came around about three weeks ago offering a milkman service – the usual fare incl yoghurts, eggs etc. All Irish produce and would employ local lads. Great I thought – as it always seems to be on a rainy evening that I’m dying for a cuppa and there’s no bainne in the house.

Anyhoo, they came to collect the first bill last Friday and it came to €8.68! Now all we got was 1 litre of milk, 6 eggs and 6 Yoplait (regular type) yoghurts. Does anyone think that’s rather expensive? I know there is a delivery charge, but come on. And none of the deliveries have been *actually* what I asked for. Now, not a million miles off – I’m not that fussy. For example I got 12 eggs this morning when I ordered 6.

Anyone else sign up to this service? I’ve no number or contact information for them and the girl (literally girl) who came to the door to collect the money didn’t have a clue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

BTW, it's Glanbia afaik and I got a flyer with this promotion when I signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

From tesco.ie
    Avonmore milk = €1.14
    Yoplait Yogurt 6 * €0.62
    6 Ballyfree Eggs (mid range price) €2.40

Total €7.26

So you paid a 15% premium over Tesco's prices to have it delivered to your door. I'd say that's pretty good value.

Looking at Superquinn (my nearest Supermarket) at the same products, the total was €6.83. And that was incl large free-range non-own brand eggs. I received medium.

Anyway, I think it's still too much! The guy said the products would be a few cent cheaper per item than the shops and I'm still getting the wrong milk! (it changes weekly)

Anyone know who is running this milkround?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Why don't you just wait around for the milkman / milkwoman to arrive?

crushproof wrote: »
    Why don't you just wait around for the milkman / milkwoman to arrive?

They only come every two weeks, and they send a young girl to collect the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MrPieman

How does ur wife feel about the new milk man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

olaola wrote: »
    Anyway, I think it's still too much!

Well when the girl comes around the next time, tell her your are cancelling and give her a dated letter saying so.

Advertisement