Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local UK phone number Free.

• 24-10-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

Not sure if correct place but as related to voip I think it will be ok.

I found it couple of months ago but waited to make sure works ok before posting, numbergroup.com offers local landlines numbers in the uk, they are free and you could have a few (I have 2) at no cost at all if you forward the calls to a SIP url like to blueface ext(at)blueface.ie, you can also forward to landlines and mobile but not sure if it works to numbers in Ireland but if it does work you will need to pay forward rates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Hi,
    I have a blueface account but can't get this to work. I'm using ext@sip.blueface.ie as my sip URL. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Brian

EDIT: Looks like i need them to verify my account before it's activated ... I'll send them an email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

brian_rbk wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a blueface account but can't get this to work. I'm using ext@sip.blueface.ie as my sip URL. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Brian

EDIT: Looks like i need them to verify my account before it's activated ... I'll send them an email

Ok, I don't think I had to get my account activated I use an email address with my domain was your email address for free providers like Hotmail, Gmail, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Yeah, gmail. They got back to me first thing this morning and activated the number. It works perfectly.

It looks like they give you sip trunks for free. From what I can see you can make free calls to UK landline numbers from this trunk .. I'll have to test it later though.

Brian

brian_rbk wrote: »
    Yeah, gmail. They got back to me first thing this morning and activated the number. It works perfectly.

It looks like they give you sip trunks for free. From what I can see you can make free calls to UK landline numbers from this trunk .. I'll have to test it later though.

Brian

Let me know how you get on I never looked at that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

nava wrote: »
    Hi

Not sure if correct place but as related to voip I think it will be ok.

I found it couple of months ago but waited to make sure works ok before posting, numbergroup.com offers local landlines numbers in the uk, they are free and you could have a few (I have 2) at no cost at all if you forward the calls to a SIP url like to blueface ext(at)blueface.ie, you can also forward to landlines and mobile but not sure if it works to numbers in Ireland but if it does work you will need to pay forward rates.
    Call Rates & Charges
    SIP Trunking is provided free of charge with unlimited concurrent calls.

Telephone numbers (DDI’s) are supplied on a monthly rental basis at 40p per number.

Network based IVR services are provided free of charge.

Are you sure? http://www.numbergroup.com/tariffs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

Yep. They performed a classic bait and switch. Avoid like a locust was hot on your heels.

Looks like they are starting to charge per each phone number, below the mail I got yesterday about it. :(

Was good while it lasted, will probably delete mine as no calls received on those numbers. If anyone knows any other provider with free number please let me know :D
    Dear Customer,

From the 1st of December 2011 we will be introducing a small monthly charge of 40p + VAT per allocated telephone number, with a minimum monthly subscription of £1.60 + VAT.

We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now supply numbering services to over 5000 businesses. Our free business model is no longer able to provide the levels of customer support we feel is necessary.

This monthly charge is much lower than our competitors yet will allow us to improve our customer service by employing more members of staff and providing you with 24-7 Service Level Agreements. Additional resources will be placed on improvements to our customer portal and will allow us to bring forward the launch of our new cloud based services.

The first charge will be applied in your December invoice for all numbers which are provisioned on your account as at 1st December 2011 and will be applied each month thereafter for any numbers which are allocated on the first of each month. To avoid being charged for any unwanted numbers, you can sign in to our selfcare portal at https://selfcare.numbergroup-services.com any time before December 1st 2011 and de-allocate any unwanted numbers using the "Remove" option in the Numbers section.

As part of this change we now offer Advanced Calling Features free of charge on all of our inbound numbers and lower outbound call costs especially to mobile phones @ 3.8p/minute will now apply.

If you have any questions regarding this change, please email billing@numbergroup.com or call 08003101012.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

sipgate.co.uk have always been free. Although what you get in an 0845 number which is similar to a 1-890 over here. Still though, it can be a lot cheaper for an average punter having to dial international.

They do ask for a U.K. address at time of registration. In my case I quoted H.M. Maze Prision c/o Bobby Sands, got the right post code, and two minutes later I had my number!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

malachy47 wrote: »
    sipgate.co.uk have always been free. Although what you get in an 0845 number which is similar to a 1-890 over here. Still though, it can be a lot cheaper for an average punter having to dial international.

They do ask for a U.K. address at time of registration. In my case I quoted H.M. Maze Prision c/o Bobby Sands, got the right post code, and two minutes later I had my number!

I registered with sipgate.co.uk and put 6 random characters for post code, and entered Ireland along with my real address and got my 0845 number no problem. Works away with a PBX as normal.
    Also, take a look at www.voiptalk.co.uk, I think they do free numbers also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Or fire up your UK VPN and get a free UK local landline number via www.sipgate.co.uk

If you don't have a VPN account you can get one from www.blackvpn.com. Ok it's not free, you can get 3 months US/UK/LT/NL location VPN for the prce of 1 month (€7.50) if you use referal code I received. The code is TYGEXXY You can also us the UK VPN for watching BBC iPlayer and 4OD. The US VPN for watching Hulu.

Sipgate USA are not issuing local US numbers at the moment...though worth a look using the US VPN just in case things have changed.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Mylow wrote: »
    Or fire up your UK VPN and get a free UK local landline number via www.sipgate.co.uk

If you don't have a VPN account you can get one from www.blackvpn.com. Ok it's not free, you can get 3 months US/UK/LT/NL location VPN for the prce of 1 month (€7.50) if you use referal code I received. The code is TYGEXXY You can also us the UK VPN for watching BBC iPlayer and 4OD. The US VPN for watching Hulu.

Sipgate USA are not issuing local US numbers at the moment...though worth a look using the US VPN just in case things have changed.

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks, didn't know they offered free phone number in uk, in work we have UK ip addresses and was able to request 1.

THANKS

Advertisement