Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

save file missing

Options
  • 24-10-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Worst thing ever happened to me today, turned on my xbox to continue Arkham City and my save file has disappeared.

There is no record of me playing it, but achievements are still there. It prompts me to start a new game.

In memory - games - arkham city, there is nothing but the catwoman DLC.

Any ideas what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Well, it could be a few things

Have you a usb pen inserted into the xbox? You could've selected that as the primary storage device when starting the game up.

Are you on the correct profile?

If you go to the memory settings of the HDD, is the save file there for Batman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Well, it could be a few things

Have you a usb pen inserted into the xbox? You could've selected that as the primary storage device when starting the game up.

Nope, just the hard drive

Are you on the correct profile?

Only one on the xbox

If you go to the memory settings of the HDD, is the save file there for Batman?

Nothing there.

Thanks for the ideas though. My heads wreaked.

Has anyone heard of websites that offer save file downloads? I was told that it is possible to download a save file from certain points in games, cant find any. :mad:

Since there is no batman save file on the HDD, there is no data there for it. Could be two things, A) the HDD is corrupted and the game never saved or B) you never selected a storage device (i've heard of this happening before)

But on the downloading game saves matter, you can do it, here's a link to a site if found: BAM but doing this is banable to both your GT and your console so it's not advised. Also, it's very unlikely that you'd find a save that carries on exactly where you left off. I'd say it'd be quicker in the long run to start from the beginning.

Yeah I bit the bullit and started over again, done an all nighter to get back 3 days of gaming.

i know how you feel, the same happened to me with oblivion. I didn't know that i had to save it myself, and auto-save was disabled. I played for like 14 hours straight when i got the game, and i lost that the next day :P

• Advertisement

Sorry for your loss. :)

Until ive finished the game im backing up my save files to a flash drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

Same happened to me with Arkham City and I was able to reproduce it (working in IT you always do that :) )

Basically if you shut off your xbox before the little save icon in the bottom right of the screen disappears it corrupts the file and next boot deletes it. Strange thing is while those are the steps to cause the problem it doesn't happen every single time.

To avoid it I just always quit the game from the save menu before powering off. once batman is sitting on his little perch I know it's safe to power down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its a known issue with the batman, if you get in contact with the guys at Warner Borthers support they've some steps you can try.

support@wbgames.com

Advertisement