Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 - What's new

Options
  • 24-10-2011 5:04pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd create a thread to track all the things that people discover over the next few days and might help the players that are waiting until next weekend to begin playing.

First things I spotted is that my friends in the Battlelog are gone. The only ones I can see are those that are friends in Origin which I had to import into the Battlelog.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ponster wrote: »
    I thought I'd create a thread to track all the things that people discover over the next few days and might help the players that are waiting until next weekend to begin playing.

First things I spotted is that my friends in the Battlelog are gone. The only ones I can see are those that are friends in Origin which I had to import into the Battlelog.

EDIT : It's ok now. Also I can see pings in the Battlelog so it looks like EA are fixing things as we play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

EDIT : It's ok now. Also I can see pings in the Battlelog so it looks like EA are fixing things as we play.

It was the same with the beta each day things improved bit by bit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Commo Rose will be changed in the future - Twitter

Squad Leader tools are available yet. I guess they'll be included in a future patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Improved MP Minimap and better optimization.

Whats the story with the chat screen?... wrecking my head, it nearly takes half the screen making anything in that zone impossible to see..... I didn't get a proper look to check if it's removable but if not a massive cock up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Destruction 2.0 in full swing is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

wow...whats new...

whats not new is a better question? I only did an hour online and the game just feels so different its astounding.

Now I liked the beta so I'm kind of sad that most of the weapons feel a good bit weaker then the beta versions, but I know my friend is going to be f*cking thrilled when I tell him the russian starting AK is not as much of a bitch on the recoil as it was in the beta. And i'm mostly only sad because I had worked out the feel for all the guns. Now I got to relearn them again.

thinks about it...

sh*t thats going to be fun :D

other minor things, the gfx took a hop forward. Almost didnt recognise caspian boarder when it first booted up, feels dryer then it did in the beta.

on the flipside the loading times have increased hugely...or is this just me? in the beta the game loaded damn quick and I was almost always one of the first in for each game. At the moment the loading is taking forever and I'm in and we already losing :(

perhaps it was a bad server pick or something. But its a worrying niggle.

Havnt gotten near a vehicle yet and only tried Tehran highway and Caspian Border. Tehran might be one of those maps I wont jump for joy to play its very easy to get turned around and nothing sticks out as uniquely cool about it.

Advertisement