Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mullingar estates

Options
  • 24-10-2011 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi i am new here. moving to mullingar with my family, small kids and older teenagers. looking for the best estate to live in or any that we should avoid. those that fit our current budget are greenpark meadows, ardleigh park and belvedere hills. are these estates safe and nice? any pros and cons or general advice would be appreciated. i am not familiar with the estates in mullingar so do not know anything about them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

Hi welcome to Mullingar the estates you mention are okay and do not have a bad name. If you move to greenpark medows/ardleigh park you will be nearer to town. Belvedere hills have some lovely houses best of luck. there is a local spar across the road from ardleigh and is a very handy shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Whats your budget? Petitswood Manor is a nice estate with 3 bed semis going for €155k and 4 bed semis with converted garage going for €175k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 z14

DonJose wrote: »
    Whats your budget? Petitswood Manor is a nice estate with 3 bed semis going for €155k and 4 bed semis with converted garage going for €175k.

Not buying im afraid,just renting as we probably wont be staying here forever (4+ years though). preferably under 680/700 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Hi, Belvedere Hills I would have thought would be just as close to town as Greenpark Meadows, just in another direction.

Greenpark is off the list now.had a look at a house in belvedere for 660, very nice house but many parts of the estate look ran down to me. house in ardleigh is very nice too, estate looks nice but that doesn't say much. Which of the two would be best choice?cheers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I would try and rent in one of the older estates if I was you. The houses are generally much better built and you won't need to worry as much about your water freezing or bad insulation in winter. Try find somewhere in newlands, auburn village, millmount road, Sunday's well road, hillside drive etc. There are also some great houses on the Dublin road and prospect estate, but may be out of your price range if available.

yekahS wrote: »
    I would try and rent in one of the older estates if I was you. The houses are generally much better built and you won't need to worry as much about your water freezing or bad insulation in winter. Try find somewhere in newlands, auburn village, millmount road, Sunday's well road, hillside drive etc. There are also some great houses on the Dublin road and prospect estate, but may be out of your price range if available.

thanks,are the houses in ard leigh/belvedere hills that bad then? unfortunately there isnt much stock with older estates,agent told us most families in them are settled and so its rare that they do pop up and when they do theyre usually snapped up quickly.we would like to move down before the beginning of 2012 so do not have much time to find something.there is a few available in prospect but almost 200 euro over budget unfortunately so we didnt bother viewing them.agent did praise that estate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Hi,

If anything comes up for Newtown Lawns you should have a look. Its on the outskirts of town but is a lovely quiet and well maintained estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

look at Auburn Village and Newlands

close to town centre, mature and quiet areas

thanks for the replies guys but there is nothing available in those areas that fits our budget for renting so thats why i asked about belvedere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

Have you checked daft.ie? Theres a 4 bedroom house in Auburn Village advertised. Set your max rent to 600 and there is loads of options. Theres also houses in Newlands advertised too for 600.

I don't live in Mullingar but I seen someone mentioned them as quiet areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

ive not long moved into ardilaun green. moved here from scotland and still gettin to know places. im renting and its less than your lowest budget. i managed to get a detached 4 bedroom, converted garage. really nice house and havent had any bother here at all. best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thomaspat

seems ,to work if you can talk with some locals or establish a personnel escroww??

Advertisement