Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest new Xbox 360

Options
  • 24-10-2011 6:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

What's the cheapest new Xbox 360 available to buy at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

The 4gb version :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

punk77 wrote: »
    The 4gb version :D

It'd do me tbh, my current xbox has the rrod. I'll either get a cheap replacement or a PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

flash1080 wrote: »
    It'd do me tbh, my current xbox has the rrod. I'll either get a cheap replacement or a PS3.

If you go for a cheap second-hand replacement, they you will obviously run the risk of getting RRoD again. Since you aren't getting your current console repaired for free by MS, I assume it's older than three years. How long have you had it?

If you're looking for a cheap replacement, why are you even considering a PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

You could also try fixing it yourself, i fixed my RRoD console for €2.58. (€2 for thermal paste, 50c for electrical tape and 4 x 2c coins.

It's really easy, it was my first ever time fixing an xbox and it worked. There are loads of tutorials online on how to do it.

You have a 3 year warranty on RRoD consoles.

But a 2nd hand xbox is the cheapest at the moment. You could prob get a 250GB Slim pre-owned for around the same price as a 4GB version.

Also, don't go ps3. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What's the cheapest new Xbox 360 available to buy at the moment?

Harvey Norman are selling the 250 GB slim with a new release game for €209

• Advertisement

If you go for a cheap second-hand replacement, they you will obviously run the risk of getting RRoD again. Since you aren't getting your current console repaired for free by MS, I assume it's older than three years. How long have you had it?

If you're looking for a cheap replacement, why are you even considering a PS3?
    I'd buy a new console rather than second-hand. My Xbox is at least 5 years old.

The reason I'm thinking about getting a PS3 is that a 4gb xbox is £135 and a 320gb PS3 and FIFA 12 is £230. Still pissed off with the Xbox going bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'd buy a new console rather than second-hand. My Xbox is at least 5 years old.

The reason I'm thinking about getting a PS3 is that a 4gb xbox is £135 and a 320gb PS3 and FIFA 12 is £230. Still pissed off with the Xbox going bang.

Five years was pretty good, most gave up the ghost a lot sooner. I'd still choose a 250GB 360 over the 320GB PS3, unless you really want blueray.

Then get the old console repaired cheaply somewhere and use it as a media extender. Without a disk spinning, it's unlikely it'll ever overheat.

I have 5/6 year old 360 that was RRoD repaired and eventually the laser wore out on so the drive is now useless but it's switched on all day, every day as a permanent media extender in my sittingroom. I just clean out the dust every few months to make it run quieter.

I'll probably go for the 250GB plus a new release game for €210

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

calex71 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman are selling the 250 GB slim with a new release game for €209

glossy or matte?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Be careful if you get the 4GB version. BF3 is coming with a second disc where you can install "graphics files". It basically improves how the game looks. Not sure how much storage it'll need, but since developers are now scuppered by the restrictions of the ageing 360 they are looking at alternatives like this. It could be that your 4GB 360 isn't big enough to store this second disc, or for future games that do something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 shamoantito

Harvey Norman in Swords have the 250gb for 185euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

That's a great price for the 250gb if someone just wants the console without add-ons i.e. games etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

dam 185 is good, might have to get one and try modding these new winbond chips

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

spotted the old arcade version in tesco for 104 today

dunworth1 wrote: »
    spotted the old arcade version in tesco for 104 today

yeah seen that too, supposed to be good for modding/jtagging

Advertisement