Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No money given from ATM

• 24-10-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Slightly different from the atm thread below:

Situation:
    In tesco this evening, tried to withdraw €50 from one of those atms in wooden boxes (an ulsterbank atm).
    The atm said it was giving me money for ages, nothing came out and the screen went back to normal.
    I called staff over and they suggested I try withdrawing €20, which the atm gave me - no problem.

I've checked my aib online account and €50 and €20 has been deducted from my a/c - even though I only received €20.

Anybody know whether I'll get my €50 spondoolies back?!
    Or did those 2 pizzas just cost me €57 :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

ATM will auto correct itself and refund your account.

If not, contact your account holding branch to log a "ATM dispute" form. Banks have 10 working days to resolve this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

ATM will auto correct itself and refund your account.

If not, contact your account holding branch to log a "ATM dispute" form. Banks have 10 working days to resolve this.

That's great thanks. I hope its as simple as that.

Should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

It happened me before and the money was back in my account within a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Same here, happened to me in one of those portable ones in spar. Went to withdraw fifty and nothing came out. Money was back in my account in 5 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

You should definitely contact the bank right away anyway. The ATM will be teller checked to make sure it balances correctly but if you've rang it will speed the process up! I know I used to balance them!!ha!

It will not speed up anything.

There is only a need to contact your bank if it's not refunded by the ATM.

For example,

You can go to a branch ATM, be left short, walk into the branch, they can balance it the and then and agree you where let short but that's it. Even if it was your banks ATM. Process must be followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

Yea but for the guy doing the ATM receipt!!

As I said I used to do it!!

What the guy balancing the ATM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Thanks for advice. In case this happens to anyone else and they read this thread the end result was that I got my money back a week later.
    The atm did not refund my €50, I left it a couple of days), I then went into ay aib branch, completed a form giving times and details and then ulster bank refunded my €50 back into my account.
    All ended well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement