Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU Spar Shop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I didn't realise the way the staff acted was so important to people. Usually my relationship with shop staff is; I ask for it, I get it, I say thank you and go. I don't really need anything more.
    Exactly, just go in, get my stuff, say hi,thanks and goodbye. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I like the shop for the most part.

Few little things are annoying like the Q, Some times in the evening around 4-6 the Q could be down to the past the isle and only one person working on a till and 3 people walking around looking for something to do

Id like to see a offer where you get a 2L bottle of water with a roll. Even if it was €4. The only time i ever get coke is with the deal and i always buy 2L water with it.

I can never figure out why people buy the small bottles for 1.50ish when beside it there's big 2L bottles for €1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

yuppy700 wrote: »
    The fast deli is pure handy. Can be in and out with a box of wedges ( cant believe they went up by 10 cent! ) in less than a minute sometimes.

The amount of filling you get in a roll seems to really depend on which woman is serving you. It can go from very generous to very stingy depending on who you get.

gotta love picking up a pack of toffee pops for a €1

It's good to see that the SU Spar is finally flogging coke as 2 cans for €1.20. Last year the Spar out by plassey was selling 2 for a euro, whereas the SU Spars best offer was €0.75 per can.
    I might be wrong but I thought I seen 2 cans for a euro this morning. Was to my disgust when I paid 95c for just one :P but if it is 2 for a euro thats a very good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tonka_92

I generally like the shop when I can go in there for my lunch when it's not too busy, but I do have to admit, there are some deli workers who I don't like getting, mainly because they don't pay enough attention when I'm asking for my sweet chili sauce on my chicken wrap... and there are other times where I am charged for a chicken baguette instead of a wrap (that 20 cent means something)
    on the subject of the chicken wrap, does anyone know if that deal is still in effect with the sweet chili chicken and water for like €3.50? I never got it when I remember seeing the signs, but now I don't know if such an offer exists. I'd also like if they made yazoo drinks cheaper, but that's just me

I do like the fact that they haven't seemed to be running out of spicy chicken in my experience like they had been over previous years

finally, €4.49 for 3 durex condoms? what's up with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yuppy700

1huge1 wrote: »
    I might be wrong but I thought I seen 2 cans for a euro this morning. Was to my disgust when I paid 95c for just one :P but if it is 2 for a euro thats a very good deal.

I havent been in the SU shop for a few days now but last week it was 2 cans for €1.20. I suppose getting 2 cans and a hot chicken roll that isnt just lettuce and tomato for a fiver isnt a bad deal.
    tonka_92 wrote: »

I think they cost less at the other spar out the road near plassey, but yeah, I know what you mean...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hello World!

yuppy700 wrote: »
    I think they cost less at the other spar out the road near plassey, but yeah, I know what you mean...

I seriously doubt that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PROGRAM_IX

tonka_92 wrote: »

You're buying condoms. I suggest you count your blessings. -.-

(:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

There is a very warm feeling that surges through my body when there is a long, single queue to one till and I approach but go down the second queue which is empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ULChieftain

Nockz wrote: »
    There is a very warm feeling that surges through my body when there is a long, single queue to one till and I approach but go down the second queue which is empty.

I hate people that do that!

Might start doing that myself though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

tonka_92 wrote:

good complaint to have;) try the SU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Mojo rip and then you're a daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I hate people that do that!

Might start doing that myself though...
    2 people working on the tills yet only 1 queue is silly.

Especially considering the redesign of that whole area is to provide space for multiple lines going to multiple queues.

The cans of 7up are faulty

Jester252 wrote: »
    The cans of 7up are faulty

emm..whut????? how so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Have we all seen the employee of the month yoke on the fag machine?? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

freyners wrote: »

emm..whut????? how so?
    One of the cans backwards open on me.

Jester252 wrote: »
    One of the cans backwards open on me.

nice:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Staff can be dead sound. Went in Tuesday hungover, feeling really miserable, got a roll stuffed with food and a wink and a smile to see me off. Really uplifted the morale!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Reiver wrote: »
    Staff can be dead sound. Went in Tuesday hungover, feeling really miserable, got a roll stuffed with food and a wink and a smile to see me off. Really uplifted the morale!

And an admirer by the sound if it, get in there!

Meanwhile, Blue Bear is back! All is well with the world. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tonka_92

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Have we all seen the employee of the month yoke on the fag machine?? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Yeah, it looks so out of place just right there in the middle of it.
    Had to have a giggle at that.

I was also present at the backwards opening 7up of Jester :D

• Advertisement

what with the new layout
    you now have to look for the deals

i got charged for 1.70 for a pack of haribo today when the sign on the basket of them said €1. Was too tired and hungry to bother saying anything though so my own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

garv123 wrote: »
    i got charged for 1.70 for a pack of haribo today when the sign on the basket of them said €1. Was too tired and hungry to bother saying anything though so my own fault.

Exactly. A simple mention and it'd be sorted :)

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Exactly. A simple mention and it'd be sorted :)

But, but but it was the scary woman who looks angry all the time:(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Have to say that employee of the month thing is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kiyomumizu

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Have to say that employee of the month thing is hilarious.

I wonder if its a motivator or a complete piss take??

Dromroe shop rant.... Yesterday and today they had so much stock on the shop floor and not on shelves. I know it was delivered that morning but at 2 o'clock there was 3 staff on and not that busy.

The moody middle-age female manager spent her time talking about how badly managed the main shop was.

Not a good sign if the staff are complaining about the situation!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Some of the staff can't read the small print on the signs above the deli... One for example clearly states "Chicken roll + 500ml riverock for €4.50" small print on the bottom left says "offer also applies to coke, diet coke, sprite etc." went up to the till with chicken roll+coke and the guy says "no it's just water for that offer." I explained the story and he went off to check the sign but came back saying the same thing!

I'm sure if the small print were the other way around (something that would benefit the shop) he'd see it alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Some of the staff can't read the small print on the signs above the deli... One for example clearly states "Chicken roll + 500ml riverock for €4.50" small print on the bottom left says "offer also applies to coke, diet coke, sprite etc." went up to the till with chicken roll+coke and the guy says "no it's just water for that offer." I explained the story and he went off to check the sign but came back saying the same thing!

I'm sure if the small print were the other way around (something that would benefit the shop) he'd see it alright!
    This has happened to me before with the sausage roll/wedge deal. If they're not going to do the offer they should at least take off that part of the deal. I mean, it's not like they're losing out money anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Kiyomumizu wrote: »

its a piss take. they robbed yer mans passport photo and printed it off on their break. if i did that at work my manager would have a giraffe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Kiyomumizu wrote: »

its a piss take. they robbed yer mans passport photo and printed it off on their break. if i did that at work my manager would have a giraffe.

Have you seen the sign on the office door saying batcave!? :pac:

Advertisement