Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Apples?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone seen candy apples on sale anywhere this year please?? The one year I really want one and they are nowhere to be found.
    (I know I could make them myself but I always burn the pot, so thats a no no ;))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I saw a candy apple making kit for 10eu in Brown Thomas if that's any help!

Tesco definately have them in three flavours (choc,white choc and caramel) and Supervalu usually sell them though I havn't been in there lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Dunnes in Douglas had toffee apples on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JohnK wrote: »
    Dunnes in Douglas had toffee apples on Sunday

Was just gonna say - I'm pretty sure I saw them in Dunnes Ballyvolane recently or else it was Aldi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Thanks guys, will have to check those place out tomorrow. :D The longer Im waiting the bigger the craving is getting!! Was in Dunnes in ballyvolane, ballincollig, aldi mayfield, and super valu glanmire and there was none.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Thanks guys, will have to check those place out tomorrow. :D The longer Im waiting the bigger the craving is getting!! Was in Dunnes in ballyvolane, ballincollig, aldi mayfield, and super valu glanmire and there was none.

AAAW don't give up Cadyboo;)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If it helps, in Dunnes they were on the right as you go in on the top shelf over the veg, not by the other apples which were in the centre of the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

JohnK wrote: »
    If it helps, in Dunnes they were on the right as you go in on the top shelf over the veg, not by the other apples which were in the centre of the aisle.

Thanks, am going to try go there tomorrow. Was working late today so didn't get a chance to go anywhere only local shops and only found chocolate apples, not the same.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

You've got me wanting one bad now too LOL :p keep searching but only come across chocolate.

If your really stuck i'll make some!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

whats the difference between candy and toffee apples? I made toffee apples for my hubbie and he very ungratefully said he was looking forward to candy ones! Of course he couldnt explain what they were :D

Advertisement