Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smell of cigarette smoke in a camper

• 24-10-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭

it seems the previous owners of our latest camper were smokers, i didnt get the smell until after the sale, any good tips on how to get rid of it ? we have washed curtains, cleaned all rooflight blinds, the seats and beds dont seem have a smell?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I got an smokers car before. The smell was everywhere and in the end I had to take all the seats out and scrub them. Then I cleaned the headliner and all the fabric panels. The stink was on everything even the windows where tar'd

You could always try leaving some baking soda or some cut onions in it for a while or cover it in Fabreez.

But elbow work will definitely get the smell out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

slice an onion in 3 pieces and leave them on plates in the camper for a couple of days . They'll absorb a lot of smell , and the onion smell goes in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

thanks lads ill try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

You could burn some nice oils in an oil burner as the scent of the oil permeates upholstery etc

Advertisement