Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA in TCD v BSc in UCD science?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,

I've only noticed after someone told me that you only graduate with a BA in Science in TCD as opposed to a BSc in UCD... does that mean that you are more highly qualified if u grad from UCD or is it totally irrelevant?

Opinions would be great please =)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

dsct92 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've only noticed after someone told me that you only graduate with a BA in Science in TCD as opposed to a BSc in UCD... does that mean that you are more highly qualified if u grad from UCD or is it totally irrelevant?

Opinions would be great please =)

TCD give BA's out of tradition. There's very little difference otherwise between degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jessiepoo410

Both degrees are basically the same. TCD gives a BA because years ago Science was considered to be an art. The only other colleges that give a BA in Science are Oxford and Cambridge as they were both established universities when science was still considered to be an art.;)

Advertisement