Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affects of the Floods Oct 2011

Options
  • 24-10-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing a power outage? Quite enjoyable I have to say :)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Coolock just went dark, anyone else having issues?

How far does this reach and anyone have any idea as to what caused it and ETA for return?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Went off for few seconds in Donaghmede at about 7.35 but came back on straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noideaforaname

No power outage for myself in Raheny but the poxy sky box isn't working, have unplugged it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

DeVore wrote: »

How far does this reach and anyone have any idea as to what caused it and ETA for return?

DeV.
    Ring the ESB. They normally have an automated message that should let you know what's going on.

Oh and... erm... Dublin forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Well look at that. The head honcho posting in the wrong forum :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Im in coolock and my power is grand-

sure you just didn't forget to pay the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah.. no power here atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

There's probably a fuse gone in it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's due to local sub stations being flooded. Raheny and parts of the Malahide and Howth roads are flooded and the Gards have closed some roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Power is grand here (D16). So far anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sh1t what do i do?

There was nothing about this in the handbook.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Took me a while to figure out how everyone was posting on the Internet during a power outage.

Then I remembered mobile technology.

Oh, technological progress, you wonderful mistress you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

super-rush wrote: »
    Sh1t what do i do?

Ban him for looking for a "wider audience". Its in the charter :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not sure that this IS the wrong forum, apologies if I have diverted attention from which presidential candidates looks most like which X-Factor contestant. :p

If I'm off topic (which would presume AH in fact *has* a topic) I'm perfectly happy for the mods to move this thread, it certainly wouldnt be the first time and you know what, I wont break down in tears and kick my feet in Feedback either :)

Just sayin'

Oranage, all houses here are out on Malahide Road. My Name is Url, where roughly are you?

El Weirdo thanks, thats a good thought. I should have probably thought of that first hahah...

DeV.

You do what I've always said to do. Use your judgement and make a decision as best you can.

If you decide this thread needs moved, cool. Dont NOT do it because I started it. But also dont DO it because its mine either. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

No problems here, actually I think we have more power than we need, the lights are really bright and the TV volume has gone up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Im in blanchardstown and nothing as of yet.

How big of coolock we talking? or small but or the whole area? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Devore you tyrant!

I think it's cool when the power goes out... makes people have to revert to the old way of living back in the day when folks didn't have tv or radio, or God forbid even the internet... how people survived and didn't end up killing each other I just don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Devore you tyrant!

I think it's cool when the power goes out... makes people have to revert to the old way of living back in the day when folks didn't have tv or radio, or God forbid even the internet... how people survived and didn't end up killing each other I just don't know

I wouldnt mind the power going as long as I have a laptop :pac:
    ... which i dont :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

Remember this is not After Hours.

• Advertisement

Devore you tyrant!

I know, I have the Mods families in lock up....

ESB website is not helpful (has answers for everything but "Power Cut") and worse irony, their usually competent Boards.ie Reps have gone home for the night.
    Pity, I could have locked up their families too....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind the power going as long as I have a laptop :pac:
    ... which i dont :(

I have a laptop that is electricvity dependent because my battery is **** and would only last 15 minuets... if you only had 15 mins remaining on your laptop what would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Power went out for a split second here. Dublin North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

All good here in the Navan road area and it better stay that way, I've some shows I want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

ESB website is not helpful (has answers for everything but "Power Cut")

They do have a safety section though:

http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/safety-environment/power_cut.jsp

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

super-rush wrote: »
    Sh1t what do i do?

Ladies & Gentlemen, please make an orderly line and enter the Survivalism forum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I know, I have the Mods families in lock up....

My parents live just off the Malahide Road, I hope you let them out soon :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

baby boom in coolock next june, so

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

basement level in Dundrum Shopping Centre is flooded :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

DeV.

Banned.

Advertisement