Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding in Dublin 15

Options
  • 24-10-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭

Anyone with updates on areas in Dublin 15 that are badly flooded?
    I hear Mulhuddart is closed off, the unfinished flood relief works have caused huge problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The new tesco down in Mulhuddart badly hit it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, carpark and possibly the building under water... Although Mulhuddart always seems to get it bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

They built on the flood plain of the river, so that it has no where to go and ends up breaking it's banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Sharrow wrote: »
    They built on the flood plain of the river, so that it has no where to go and ends up breaking it's banks.
    Had no need to go roung there today, thank god. Must have been in ribbons. That said, take a look at youtube for the dundrum shopping center..... Major water ingress, and i mean major:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Just waited 75 mins for a 39 / a, despite the timetable at the stop saying five or six were due not one turned up no 37's either. How bad is it out there.

Just jumped in a taxi in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Some of the schools are closing for tomorrow, have had text messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Does anyone know how the navan road/n3 is? Traffic was backed up to phibsboro where I work so headed to a mates house... Would prefer to get home tonight though... Also, is Ongar ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Does anyone know how the navan road/n3 is? Traffic was backed up to phibsboro where I work so headed to a mates house... Would prefer to get home tonight though... Also, is Ongar ok?
    I took a taxi out the Navan road and turned off at Clonee. Live in Latchford and it's all grand right the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Gillo wrote: »
    I took a taxi out the Navan road and turned off at Clonee. Live in Latchford and it's all grand right the way out.[/Quote

Thanks :) kipped at my mates place in town and heading home now.. I say it's all grand now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not my photo, but Tesco are flucked... as are Paidi Ogs...
    301334_2590273874804_1193317980_33136719_1330493299_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Has anyone gone through the Park yet today, Ashtown - Chapelizod gates, Usually bad from Castleknock gate down to the first roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭knealecat

Park open, but you cant drive down park gate street, police sending everone up infirmary road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

January wrote: »
    Not my photo, but Tesco are flucked...

Apparently there was a load of people arrested there last night. Tesco had the spoiled goods locked away in skips, they were broken into and the security chased away, presumably when he tried to intervene.

Advertisement