Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

well known brand of roof windows

• 24-10-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Done some refurb work on the house recently . Replaced 2 roof windows by ripping all out ans starting from scratch and also installing insulation collars ets I also added 2 other where there wasnt windows previously . these 2 also the insulated collars etc . They seam to be leaking a lot of air when its windy .

I am rather anoyed for 2 reasons as the 2 that I replaced had no problems but because they were old i thought to update them and as they never had the insulated collars thought this will help also . But they are leaking on the seals where the window closes . Its still not cold so wind doesnt feel as bad or problem but sure will be felt more easily when the air is colder . And tonight with the winds i also discover that another new one also leaks wind as its on the other side of the house to the other 2 .

Whats the point of buying the collars and other accessories if the seals on the windows arent good

Does anybody have the same or similiar problems. Thanx

Advertisement