Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste treatment system flooded !!

• 24-10-2011 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Well folks..
    Power tripped out earlier and I couldn't figure out why..
    Eventually found out that the control unit for the treatment system is tripped, checked the plastic lid on the tank and it's full of water...

Really p1ssed about this... Anyone know what I can expect in the morning when I check it out ??

My plan is to use submersible to pump out and investigate... Hoping it will dry out and work again... what's the chances ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

How does it usually drain itself...is it a gravity system or is there a sump/pump system to pump the outflow to a percolation area?

No reason why it shouldnt work if the control unit is ok. I wouldn't be pumping it with a submersible pump as you may be pumping untreated waste. Can you wait for the water to subside in its own good time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

exaisle wrote: »
    How does it usually drain itself...is it a gravity system or is there a sump/pump system to pump the outflow to a percolation area?

No reason why it shouldnt work if the control unit is ok. I wouldn't be pumping it with a submersible pump as you may be pumping untreated waste. Can you wait for the water to subside in its own good time?

it is a pumped system...
    i plan to pump out the secondary tank which won't be raw sewage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

bbam wrote: »
    it is a pumped system...
    i plan to pump out the secondary tank which won't be raw sewage...

How did you get on, mine was also full of water, not surprising given the floods. To-day it has pumped out the excess water, and levels in the tank is ok but its tripping at the fuse board now, any suggestions, hope it will dry out and work soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

It's working now but was a pain...
    I scooped out the water, dried it out best I could but it continued to trip out..
    Stuck in a fan heater into the control box for an hour and still tripped out..
    Removed the compressor and hey presto the unit switched on and pumped out..

Compressor is marked not for repair if immersed in water...
    Stripped down compressor into as many pieces as I could, motor and all.. Stuck them into a large bucked with the fan heater for an hour..

Reassembled everything and it works no bother, no trips or alarms...

I drilled two holed in the bottom of the control box to let it drain into the tank in future times of water, it was a crap design!

You may have the same problem if there is a compressor unit in yours..

Advertisement