Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finishing a apprenticeship in oz/ nz

Options
  • 24-10-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hi just looking for information on this i really have to get out of ireland cant see myself living here for the rest of my life im 26 going on a whv to new zealand in sept 2012 ill be 27 then , i have no skills etc. but if i like new zealand and want to emmigrate im kinda screwed on visa options

only think i can see to help me would be doing a apprenticeship here that is needed in australia or new zealand so my question if i take up an apprenticeship can i go on a visa as a skilled worker say for instance after doing 1 or 2 years as an aprentice here

also does the de facto visa work here??

any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

any one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

I am pretty sure that you would need to finish your apprenticeship in Ireland to be consider a qualified tradesman.

With the amount of red tape that goes on with trades and apprenticeships here I very much doubt they would let you finish a trade here, you would have to start again.

Advertisement