Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Floods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

row row row your boat gently down the road .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Conor108 wrote: »
    Hmmm yes I would Kent.

(This reminds me of the will they-wont they cancel college during the snow last year. I travelled in over an hour in only for them to make their minds up and cancel as I arrived :( )

Same, I had Into to QM the day the exams were cancelled. It was the last exam session before the exams were cancelled. Just my luck. I mean it was a disgrace that they allowed some of the exams were allowed to go ahead that day. It took me 5-6 hours to get home.

The same will happen this year, and some meteorologists think the snow could be worse this year (google "Piers Corbyn" - he's an astrophysicist/meteorologist, he's made some of the most accurate weather models to date).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Same, I had Into to QM the day the exams were cancelled.

I'm doing that now! It confuses me to the max daily!

The snow postponed my intro to programming module which was actually a blessing because I wasn't prepared and probably wouldn't have passed it at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I've seen another angle of that car photo taken by someone living on campus so I'm pretty sure it's real. Don't know what to think about tomorrow really, been told that the N11 near UCD is impassable but no email yet from the college. I blame the SU:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Blay wrote: »
    I blame the SU:P:P
    I always suspected them.....

• Advertisement

seanor3 wrote: »
    I always suspected them.....

It's clear maintaining the storm drains just isn't a priority, you just can't get good representation these days:P

Found another car pic from Stephan Darcy:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150338578548365&set=p.10150338578548365&type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Could UCD actually be closed tomorrow? I've assignments due! GOALLL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

looking at the pictures, if it doesnt drain away itd have to be. :cool:

Unless the flood tops the fcuking water tower it'll still open tomorrow. Pack your flippers lads:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

No way Jóse, no chance lance...

I'd love if it was though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I walked from the library to Glenomena after 10pm tonight - no flooding whatsoever - didn't head behind the library to see where the car is supposedly stuck. Highly doubt it'll be closed tomorrow!

wishful thinking at its max :D. Just realized Id have to submit via Blackboard anyway duh :(

UCDSU: "There is an extreme blizzard outside with 12 inches of snow on the UCD campus. There are also reports of severe flooding around the parameter of UCD. I suggest we close down the campus for the safety of staff and students."

UCD Admin: "Ah, sure they'll be grand. If they complain, send in the dogs."

UCDSU: "Yes sir."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Micklaus

Heh, SU got ravaged on their facebook page during the snow last year. Felt sorry for the person/people who had to stay up all night taking **** over something they have minimum control over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Left UCD just before 9. N11 was ok enough, UCD campus was pretty allright too.

Forecast for tomorrow is dry enough so there's no way campus will be closed

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

Left UCD just before 9. N11 was ok enough, UCD campus was pretty allright too.

Forecast for tomorrow is dry enough so there's no way campus will be closed

why break my heart like that...:(

Micklaus wrote: »
    Heh, SU got ravaged on their facebook page during the snow last year. Felt sorry for the person/people who had to stay up all night taking **** over something they have minimum control over.

I got no sleep that night. Fun times.

Can't confirm, but have heard that ucd lake has flooded area between library and reilly hall.

:/

Can't confirm, but have heard that ucd lake has flooded area between library and reilly hall.

If that's so then, due to the elevation of the lake, the science centre and the car park beside the O'Reilly Hall would also be flooded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I imagine it's unlikely. Then again I'm not quite sure how the lake drains so maybe...

I got no sleep that night. Fun times.

Spent the whole night on it myself, laughs were had.......until I had to trek for two hours down to the RDS for an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The lake IS the area between the library and o'reilly hall

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Mates were down a UCD earlier and reckoned they were pumping the water away about half an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

UCD will be open tomorrow, the only thing I can see being closed is the ring road from the Church to Quinn.
    The culvert that flows under campus from beside Belgrove/Magnetic Observatory flooded at the back of the library and flooded the road in that area. A merc got stuck after trying to drive through it.

The lake has not flooded. Roebuck Road has flooded. The N11 is closed under the flyover as this area flooded.

Chet T16 wrote: »

I am an idiot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Chet T16 wrote: »

Haha

I assume that was meant to be the path between Arts/the Library and O'Reilly Hall though?

Anyone else not able to get on to UCD connect?

Yep, can't get on either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Anyone else not able to get on to UCD connect?

Must be flooded with login requests.

Advertisement