Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Floods

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I was thinking more along the lines of a huge server room, just for connect and blackboard, deep underneath UCD, finally succumbing to the relentless flooding.

edit: its back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Wondering about the tunnels and the rats now. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No problem getting on now. The server room is in the Daedalus building, above ground and well above the lake level.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Bitta UCD here round 20.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It was pretty bad in the UCD area (had to wade thigh deep through a stretch of the Roebuck Road earlier) but the main reason for the flooding was the fact that it rained from saturday afternoon straight through to this evening, plus a ridiculous amount of rainfall today alone (90mm). It's stopped now, so I'd say everything'll be more or less fine by the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

na sure just stay at home tommorrow relax stay in bed take it easy you need to recharge your self make a nice breakfast and have it in bed and then just drift off back to sleep have a nice day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

michael row the boat ashore allaluiaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

The Dodder River in Milltown burst its banks in several palces with the water level rising a good 6 feet in some places. It was madness. The Dropping Well Pub was seriously flooded, the whole downstairs floor was submerged. A car in the car park beside it was swept down the river a couple of hundred meters and is completely destoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

I cycled past the dropping well on the way home last night. It wasn't pretty:
    293548_2607899358598_1288357970_33166402_226428543_n.jpg

Did you see the downstairs? Was completely underwater. On a selfish note, I hope its open in time for our traditional christmas eve pints there :)

Just took a picture of that car I mentioned on my way home, I'll put it up in a bit when I find the cable.

Had to get my bike from the UCD Bowl which was locked in since Saturday (chain a little rusty, but wasn't swept away!). Was talking to the guys in the sports centre and they said that the match vs. Shamrock Rovers is definitely going ahead. Pitch looked fine to me when I was getting my bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

So when's the snow starting lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Very disappointed with the small amount of flooding. Was expecting to swim valiantly into college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Wonder if the Dublin Bus drivers would be so dedicated to their journeys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

17s were going through deeper water than that on the Roebuck Road.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

WeeBushy wrote: »
    The Dodder River in Milltown burst its banks in several palces with the water level rising a good 6 feet in some places. It was madness. The Dropping Well Pub was seriously flooded, the whole downstairs floor was submerged. A car in the car park beside it was swept down the river a couple of hundred meters and is completely destoyed.

That must be my friend's car, she had a photo of it on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Red Alert wrote: »

Unsurprisingly it was a woman's car.

Red Alert wrote: »

Ouch... I feel for her. Hope her insurance covers destruction by floods.

Advertisement