Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bar in town hall theatre?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone

Going to town hall theatre on Thursday to see David o d with a load of friends.The lads are worried there will be no bar.Can someone please confirm this so I can get some peace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There is a bar upstairs. Usual bar hours I think. One thing to note though, often 'Town Hall Theatre' presents stuff is on at The Black Box, and there's not a proper bar afaik. But THT bar is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

both have full bar . none are open during the performance however you can order drinks in the town hall for the interval and they are waiting for u. as far as lee evans in the black box . it was a free for all

both have full bar . none are open during the performance however you can order drinks in the town hall for the interval and they are waiting for u. as far as lee evans in the black box . it was a free for all

Really? I've sat at the THT bar and had drinks while shows are on, quietly mind. I've also been at black box when there was only soft drinks and wine. Maybe it depends on the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

well when i was in the tht i decided to go to the show than waste my money sitting in the bar :p . i was only saying from my point of view as a show viewing patron. i only been to lee evans gig in the black box and thats all i can speak for .

well when i was in the tht i decided to go to the show than waste my money sitting in the bar :p . i was only saying from my point of view as a show viewing patron. i only been to lee evans gig in the black box and thats all i can speak for .

No I LOVE spending money on tickets and instead of watching the show, getting p**ed as a fart:rolleyes::p

Sometimes there is a show on in the studio and the main stage, so the intervals don't happen at the same time, therefore the bar can be open while a show is on. Yeah for Black Box I'd imagine they'd do a bar for some gigs, comedy being a prime suspect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

The bar usually closes quick smart after the gig finishes, it doesn't stay open as late as a regular bar, as hte bar staff don't really like doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

It's always been open anytime I've been there. You can pay for and order drinks before gig and when you come out at interval you have a ticket to match tray number and drinks are there waiting for you. Handy!

I never hang around afterwords, don't think any/many do. Just head somewhere else, closest pub is prob muddy mahers about 30secs away!

magentas wrote: »
    It's always been open anytime I've been there. You can pay for and order drinks before gig and when you come out at interval you have a ticket to match tray number and drinks are there waiting for you. Handy!

I never hang around afterwords, don't think any/many do. Just head somewhere else, closest pub is prob muddy mahers about 30secs away!

Hughes' or Barr an Chaladh are the two haunts going a bit longer. Might squeeze a wee bit later out of those two as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

magentas wrote: »
    ...Just head somewhere else, closest pub is prob muddy mahers about 30secs away!

Is it still open? Someone was telling me that he saw the locks being changed on Monday morning two/three weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

JustMary wrote: »
    Is it still open? Someone was telling me that he saw the locks being changed on Monday morning two/three weeks ago.
    Yeah it closed down a week or two ago but I heard it's opened again under new management or something? Not sure of details TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep. Open again, soon to be called the 'Shibin' (sic).
    Music Thur, Fri and Sun for the moment. New guy seems sound enough.

Advertisement