Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser treatment for acne scars

• 24-10-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone, just want to ask if anyone has got laser treatment to get rid of acne scars. I don't have any spots but just some red spot scars which i have tried to get rid of by using creams & washes but nothing works.

I am thinking about getting laser and would really appreciate if i could hear your experience with laser and cost and also how many sessions did u have, also if it left any reddness. My beautician really recommends it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭6328

Well number one creams can't remove scars anyway. Have you tried bio-oil? I have acne myself but have never used bio-oil because I haven't confidence to be in public places without make up on and bio-oil is oily and needs to be put on a few times a day.
    I searched laser and operation ideas about removing acne scars and its 50/50 chance that you could be left with worse scars.
    You said you have red spot scars, I have the same ones but mine are fading but still have the little dents in my face. So give it time because of hormones as well remember. Go to a doctor and ask their advice about the whole thing? A beautician would talk you out of it and so would a homeopath.
    My mom had acne and she did nothing about it only see a dermatologist when she was 15 and thats it since, shes left with millions of scars maybe because she never even treated her acne or anything.

and just in case you don't know, acne scars are NOT caused by picking spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I got laser treatment for acne years ago and it had little to no effect on my spots or my scars. In fact I'm convinced I made it worse. I don't know enough about the 'science' behind skin laser treatments but I get the impression it's still a very experimental technology. It's generally carried out by beauticians not doctors or dermatologists, so really they are just peddling a product and offer very little factual information or support. In my experience it's a little 'quacky' for the money you're spending. Others may have had a more positive experience than me.

Advertisement