Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miscarriage - Stress

Options
  • 24-10-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Can shock and stress cause a miscarriage? I had a miscarriage two months ago just hours after receiving bad news about my job. Could the shock and stress have caused the miscarriage - i was about 6-7 weeks preg at time - or am i just focusing my blame and anger at my job cut?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Nobody can say yes or no for sure, although, its highly unlikely. Most miscarriages are due to chromosomal abnormalities that occur when all the peices of the jigsaw are coming together at conception. So may pieces of the jogsaw were out of place that your baby would never have developed, and so your body rejected it. I know this probably sounds very blunt, but its the only way I can describe it.

The fact of it is, you will never know why you miscarried. Its a very hard thing to accept and its very natural to look for blame as to why. I know, I've been there. Twice.

You will eventually find inner peace and accept that there was nothing you or anyone else did wrong to cause the loss of your baby, but it will take time and you do need to let yourself grieve.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope that in time you will understand what I have written. Take care :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mazda2

Thank you, some days i think i've accepted it and moved on and then others i am so angry. Hopefully i can accept it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 purejuice

Sorry to hear of your loss I went through the same thing two months ago as well would of been 13 weeks but at my scan the baby had died at just over 9 weeks, I have to agree with crazy cat lady it wouldnt have been anything you have done, it is just one of them them things that happen to some of us. Im the same as you I have my good days and not so good days as Im always thinking did I do this or that wrong. I wish you luck for the future and maybe one or both of us will have some good news soon and things will go to plan for us this time :)

Advertisement