Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help finding small wav files

Options
  • 24-10-2011 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I work in a multi sensory unit for people with learning difficulty. we have a hop scotch pad. This is a pad with 8 different colored squares on the floor that correspond with 8 lights on the wall what ever one you stand on puts out a sound and a light (on the wall)

this unit only works with wav files.

my question is: can any one direct me to any site that has free wav files sounds and popular songs????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

If you download Audacity (free open source software) you can import any song you want and export it as a wav file.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Something like Freesound would be more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Malice wrote: »
    Something like Freesound would be more appropriate.

how does it work mal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Actually, I managed to miss the last line of the first post, apologies paulosham! Firstly we can't allow any links to copyrighted songs to be posted here so while there are plenty of places to download Lady Gaga's Poker Face, let's not post any.
    tonyheaney wrote:
    how does it work mal
    I guess the easiest thing to do is to start with an example :). The first thing you have to do is register. Say for example you want a car horn. Enter "car horn" into the search box on the top right of http://www.freesound.org/ Pick one of the results and click on it, I went with the third one, helpfully labelled "car horn.wav". On the next screen if you've logged in there will be a yellow Download button on the right-hand side. Click it to, surprise, surprise download the file :). As for getting the audio from your computer to your hopscotch pad, I leave that as an exercise for you as I'm not familiar with those units at all.

If you are interested in free music (just not by popular or well-known artists) then check out Jamendo.

Advertisement