Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to figure out who owns the house next door?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

its currently empty but i need to get in touch with the owner about a maintenance issue. its a semi detached house.

i have no idea who owns it though and it has had a few different tenants since i bought mine.

so suggestions of getting some details about the owner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Ask around the area

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Googling the address, might pop up on daft.ie or something, could get a phone number that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Ask your postman/woman, they will probably know the name of the owner.

You can check Mayo CoCo website planning section and it will have the details if it's a recent build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

You can establish the identity of the owner through the Land Registry..

http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/

Small charge involved.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

TopTec wrote: »
    You can establish the identity of the owner through the Land Registry..

http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/

Small charge involved.

TT

thanks

jesus why cant they have plain english on the form?
    I require to be furnished with the folio reference(s) in the register(s) for the County of
    ………………, in which the ownership of the part of the townland of …………………(or other description on Ordnance Survey map) shown on the annexed plan (or, of any leasehold interest or right therein the ownership of which is registered in the register of leasehold interests or the register maintained under section 8 (b) of the Act) has been registered.
    i assume i put this
    I require to be furnished with the folio reference(s) in the register(s) for the County of Mayo in which the ownership of the part of the townland of Number of house and estate, adresss (or other description on Ordnance Survey map) shown on the annexed plan (or, of any leasehold interest or right therein the ownership of which is registered in the register of leasehold interests or the register maintained under section 8 (b) of the Act) has been registered.

• Advertisement

Looks good to me!

You will be frustrated when it comes back to a holding company........ Just joking!

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

just send the registry a map and details of what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I can check details on landdirect as I have an account with them. Some properties wont show if they are old buildings in towns etc as they are not mapped and dont have a folio but most property can be checked. it costs me €2.50 to check but I will help out if its urgent. Otherwise you will have to write to land registry or get a solicitor or Engineer to check landdirect for you.

If you want me to check, you will need to send me a google maps link or something similar to identify the house.

mickdw wrote: »
    I can check details on landdirect as I have an account with them. Some properties wont show if they are old buildings in towns etc as they are not mapped and dont have a folio but most property can be checked. it costs me €2.50 to check but I will help out if its urgent. Otherwise you will have to write to land registry or get a solicitor or Engineer to check landdirect for you.

If you want me to check, you will need to send me a google maps link or something similar to identify the house.

its not urgent and thanks for the offer, ill write away myself. its only 6 euro. ill find that on floor if i looked hard enough.

Will probably take land registry 4 to 6 weeks to answer you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

TopTec wrote: »
    Looks good to me!

You will be frustrated when it comes back to a holding company........ Just joking!

TT

. . . . a holding company in Liechtenstein . . .

jesus that long. ill paypal you 2.50 and pm you the details i need checked

if thats ok?

irishgeo wrote: »

jesus that long. ill paypal you 2.50 and pm you the details i need checked

if thats ok?

Don't worry about the 2.50. Send me as much info to identify the house as you can. Google maps link or screen shot would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I ordered maps from Land Registry in Roscommon and got them within a week, but I knew the folios I was after.
    Called to the office a few weeks ago and got information I was after straight away. Still had to pay the fee.

That was quick. Before I signed up for landdirect, I ordered many folios from them, always knowing the folio number and I cant remember ever getting them in less than 4 weeks. These were maps for mayo. Maybe different department are fast / slow.
    I recently ordered a folio with special features (turbary rights) as this addition detail is not available on landdirect and it took 5 months & much chasing.

I agree that it is a bit of a lottery. I recently used the service to identify turf rights and got a response in 4 days!

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I don't have an account with them.
    I just filled out the form from their website and sent it off with a cheque.
    A young guy and girl gave me their full attention in the public office.
    I was looking for information about bogs too and got more help from them than I ever expected.
    I can only compliment the service I obtained.

Advertisement