Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power out in Ferrybank

• 24-10-2011 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Looks like the electricity has gone off in Ferrybank, is it just here or is it all over town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Power has gone twice for a couple of minutes each time out here in Slieverue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Power has gone twice for a couple of minutes each time out here in Slieverue.

Yeah, went for a minute or so first then went again a few minutes later but hasnt yet come back after the second outage here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Gone here for the past half hour at the top of the rockshire road. Town looks unaffected, I can see the orange glow.
    Or it could be on fire.

And back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Roen wrote: »
    And back.

Still gone here in ferrybank

• Advertisement

thomasm wrote: »
    And back.

Still gone here in ferrybank

ESB faultline (1850 372 999) saying expected back at 10am in Ferrybank

Hmm, came back at exactly midnight up around the golf course.

Hmm, came back at exactly midnight up around the golf course.

Came back about 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Gone here for the past half hour at the top of the rockshire road. Town looks unaffected, I can see the orange glow.
    Or it could be on fire.

Good one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

I have been told that the substation at misery mill may have been the site of an attack by thieves stealing cable for scrap.
    Over the past year or so the old telegraph lines on the bilberry section of the WSVR (formerly w/ford - mallow railway) have been stripped for copper. The cable casings are strewn along the track for some distance. I may be that the same thieves gained access to the back of Misery hill station trough the bilberry railway's embankments. A dangerous game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dunphy3

bluesfan wrote: »
    Looks like the electricity has gone off in Ferrybank, is it just here or is it all over town?
    ??how did you post this

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

dunphy3 wrote: »
    ??how did you post this

I Phone I'm guessing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

or the battery in laptop was charged :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Funfair wrote: »
    I Phone I'm guessing..

Phone Yes, iphone No

Close but no cigar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Elbows22 wrote: »
    or the battery in laptop was charged :rolleyes:

His router would have had no power lad. Those rolleyes could be thrown back in your face!

Unless he had a wireless dongle from one of the mobile companies.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    His router would have had no power lad. Those rolleyes could be thrown back in your face!

Unless he had a wireless dongle from one of the mobile companies.

USB Dongle - Exactly what i meant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Elbows22 wrote: »
    USB Dongle - Exactly what i meant :D

Oh, of course, I'm sure it was. Seeing as it's the predominant method of internet for people... :D

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Oh, of course, I'm sure it was. Seeing as it's the predominant method of internet for people... :D

Ssshhh im trying to claw my way back here :D

And on an interesting note - There is as much if not more Dongle customers as there is for home broadband :D

Advertisement