Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sat Nav: Garmin 3710 or Tom Tom 1000 Live?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The real difference is the live Traffic, weather & Google search.
    I find it good, others couldn't be bothered, Its really what you want fron the device. Mapwise they would be pretty much the same.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

so the Tom Tom has the same type glass captive screen?
    how much are the live services and does that include map updates?

I know the garmin maps are about 80 for lifetime of the unit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It comes with latest map guarantee and1 yeast free live.
    Live is around €50 a year. This doesn't include map updates.

Cheers for the info.
    I'm leaning towards the tom tom now.
    that live stuff looks cool, and tom tom are doing a 50 cash back type offer atm.
    maps are 33 for 2 years if bought with the unit.

what's the in car charger like?
    is is wired into the holder?
    I have a mini usb cable hard wired into my car and want to use it if possible.

The1000 & 1005 have their own connection one end( this clips into the mount) and standard USB into lighter charger at the other end.

• Advertisement

Yeah - I was in halfords and they had a nice short Mini USB to TomTom adaptor for the display unit. Not for sale though and I cant find one on e-bay :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Garmin ftw

well I got the TomTom in the end. Its not as pretty as the Garmin but its a good bit better with the live features like live traffic and the google search is great..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

have the live also and find it great with google search

Advertisement