Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of common sense in the soccer forum.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Must be awful to be on the outside looking in......again.

I love how every now and again T4TF lets the veneer slip and shows his true colours. Poking fun at a poster you banned? Grow up FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Why somebody who does not want to be a part of the soccer forum continues to post on anything that they can find to do with it is beyond me. Must be awful to be on the outside looking in......again.

This is feedback is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

flahavaj wrote: »
    I love how every now and again T4TF lets the veneer slip and shows his true colours. Poking fun at a poster you banned? Grow up FFS.

Unfortunately stuff like that will probably happen when a well-intentioned feedback thread is allowed to basically become an extended prison thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's like standing on a bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can any of the soccer mods state what if any measures are going to be implemented in the Soccer Forum to ensure that the issues raised here will be addressed, and hopefully eradicated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can any of the soccer mods state what if any measures are going to be implemented in the Soccer Forum to ensure that the issues raised here will be addressed, and hopefully eradicated?

I think the fairest thing would be to let the soccer mods talk about this amongst themselves and decie what, if any, action is required then they can start preparing for any necessary changes themselves. If that includes a thread informing forum users of whats going to happen then so much the better. But lets let them have a chance to discuss it and plan.

for now though, this thread has more than run its course and has descended into specifics disguised as feedback rather than general feedback.

I'm closing this thread and starting a discussion with the admins on some issues that have come to light as a result of this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

From the Soccer Mods:

Discussions they have held regarding issues raised in this thread have so far brought about the following suggested changes to the forum:
    Thread Closure Situation:

Should a thread be temporarily closed for moderation purposes, we will post a warning message in the superthread not to continue posting there.

Should people continue to post in the superthread after the mod warning, they will be in breach of the forum charter. The level of punishment will depend on the posts themselves, and whether or not they were continuing actions which lead to the match thread being closed in the first place.

Low-Level Trolling Rule
    We intend to be stricter and spend more resources building up cases on people who we consider to be low-level trolls in order to more promptly remove them from the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement