Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 single player discussion

Options
  • 25-10-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

I know the vast majority of us dont care. But Battlelog was updating so decided to play it.

2 hours later I am only pulling myself away to try and find a DICE member and hug them
    you get to play as Russian good guys! such a rarity, and they speak russian, not faux accents like gary oldman in black ops.

Its so far been a good experience, not an outstanding game changing experience, but the level design has been quite good and I've enjoyed the shootouts.

I'll say this, while yes it is very like COD, they do differ from them in that its less of a invisible line that you need to cross to stop the enemy spawning. There are actual limits to the soldiers piling out against you so a fair few times you need to clear areas before advancing or kill a key combatant. There is a surprising amount of leeway in how to approach these areas more so then I expected.

There are some points with traditional spawning massess but they are usually bits on a timer or you are not meant to engage them.

I like the level design because of the above as there have been a few challanging bits in operation guillotine based on which cover you dive under and which enemy you go for first
    clearing the vault was awesome and again multiple avenues of attack

I was worried after the first two levels that it was going to rely too much on turret segments to move you point to point but it seems they were just really really strongly holding your hand for the first chunk of the game.

I'm going to jump into multiplayer for a bit but I intend to finish this game before friday.

Oh and its really pretty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

I keep trying to log onto Battlelog and it doesn't work for me.....

???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

have you set up a korean proxy isp?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Should have gone to bed 2 hours ago. Really enjoying it.

Thank you Indonesian proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Yeah went back to single player

the paris level and thunder road are jumping way up high as some of my favourite fps levels this year, though the game has taken on a serious deja vu for the mw1 one plot/level objectives for the last 3-4 levels.

Also I call foul on some reviews that criticized the single player for lack of destruction, the paris level has some amazingly functional destruction in it for a good chunk.

I only played a little bit of the campaign myself. So far so good, nothing mind blowing but some nice set pieces. Looks better than anything I've ever played, but I still prefer Bad Company 2 so far in terms of story and campaign setting.

Still early days - tis a great game, played some multi and it's stunning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement