Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liao Hui

Options
  • 25-10-2011 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭

Cannae pass a piss test, banned till 2014, Miculescu banned for life.

Surprised he got caught, thought they'd be smarter about that sort of thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

So obviously won't be competing in Olympics? His previous records all safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

So obviously won't be competing in Olympics? His previous records all safe?

Yeah, no olympics for him. Records are safe though, Georgi Markov has the snatch record in that weight class and he was banned for life a few years back and his record still stands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Heh... that's big mad that he got caught. Stupid sports scientists!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gstack

any idea what he caught for ?

gstack wrote: »
    any idea what he caught for ?
    Not a clue but Armanau was suspended for about six months in 2010 for marijuana, Liao seems to be serving 4 years so it's something more serious. He's been removed from the results of the 2010 world champs on the iwf website. His record is still up on the website though. Strange. Anyone know if they're tested during the ban?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Had a look over the list and couldn't believe the amount of people caught not once but twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Molly wrote: »
    Had a look over the list and couldn't believe the amount of people caught not once but twice.

No different to any other rule-breaking or criminal behaviour, if punishment was a deterrent, nobody would do to jail twice, or get to 12 penalty points. People who break the rules in any walk of life think they won't get caught and/or the rules don't really apply to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're tested during the ban?

That's a great question. So the guy gets banned and can't compete. He has x years now to train his ass off and take as many drugs as he likes cause he will no longer be tested. Come off the drugs a safe time before his ban is up and he'll be back twice as hard. If he can afford it.

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're tested during the ban?

10.10.1 of this "An Athlete or other Person subject to a period of Ineligibility
    shall remain subject to Testing."

I was bored ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

I wonder if he said "right I'm retired so there's no point testing me", then decided 3 or 3 and a half years down the line after continuing to train that he would be making a comeback would he get around the rule stating he would continue to be drug test?

• Advertisement

I wonder if he said "right I'm retired so there's no point testing me", then decided 3 or 3 and a half years down the line after continuing to train that he would be making a comeback would he get around the rule stating he would continue to be drug test?

I think he's still eligible for testing during the ban period regardless. Also, if he intends to return after retirement he has to notify the IWF six months in advance of when he plans to compete so he can be tested. Presume the chinese anti-doping guys are in charge of the testing though.

Stripped of the 198kg record but his 190 is still the wr. Looks like it was the worlds he tested positive at. Would've thought they'd be smart enough to get off whatever they were on by the worlds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

I don't see him coming back tbh. I doubt the Chinese will waste resources on a lifter that's out for four years when there a probably a lot of other lifters looking to take his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

nothin' like a bit of hard work to keep ya goin'!!!

Never a truer word spoken.

Advertisement