Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet

Options
  • 25-10-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭

This has been really grinding my gears. For the last month my internet is going off after midnight. Now it doesnt happen every night. More like once or twice a week. The worse thing is it comes back in the morning so eircom cant see exactly whats wrong. I rang them anyway but might as well be talking to the wall. Im using eircoms black modem and have tried a proper modem but have the same trouble. Im a very heavy internet user if that makes any difference. I also have the dsl light

Any idea what could be wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Headshot wrote: »
    This has been really grinding my gears. For the last month my internet is going off after midnight. Now it doesnt happen every night. More like once or twice a week. The worse thing is it comes back in the morning so eircom cant see exactly whats wrong. I rang them anyway but might as well be talking to the wall. Im using eircoms black modem and have tried a proper modem but have the same trouble. Im a very heavy internet user if that makes any difference. I also have the dsl light

Any idea what could be wrong?

Hi Headshot,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

I have checked your case history with Technical Support. They have advised that they have a case open and are awaiting your response :

11/10/2011 13:19:07
    customer has rang back. Has advised his modem has dropped since fault fixed.
    customer will moinitor and ring back if it happens again

If you wish to PM me, I can provide you with your Technical Support reference; otherwise simply call directly into Support and they will locate your current open case.

Please ensure that you test your modem as advised below. This will save time and also help the Technical Team locate any problem.

* Disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. (Private phoneline, or long extension cables, etc.) Remove the splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

* Ensure all secondary phone extensions are correctly FILTERED

* Test your modem speed with just one single Computer /PC). All other PC's should be shut down temporarily while testing i.e : Computers /laptops /smartPhones /wireless equipment including Games Consoles: (Xbox(s), Playstation(s), etc.

Are you connecting wirelessly? http://bit.ly/WirelessCheck

* If you are using wireless to connect to the internet, connect your computer to the modem with the yellow ethernet cable if possible. This would eliminate any wireless related problems which may affect your connection speed.

Are you using streaming, file-sharing or Peer-to-Peer (P2P) software?

* These programs download content in the background, even when minimised. Exit the software completely to ensure it does not affect the speed.

Have you scanned your computer for Spyware?

* Spyware and viruses can interfere with internet connection, making it slow and/or unreliable.

Broadband Technical Support - 1890 260260 (lowcall) (Opening hours : 08:00 - 22:00) 7 days.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement