Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 12 H2H Losing streak...

Options
  • 25-10-2011 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Well... To say I am frustrated is an understatement. I won't be able to sleep for hours now!

In my first 2 or 3 days owning Fifa 12, I had a W/D/L of 15/4/14 which I was happy with! I like being around 50/50... There is something about playing online that I much prefer than playing career, perhaps it is playing against other humans that just appeals to me!

Anyway, as of today (and this is over the course of a few days due to me not having much time to play) my record is now 21/9/38. I've gone massively downhill, and I don't understand how! I mean, just now, I lost 2-1 to a 90+ minute winner and this is one of at least a dozen times this has happened! I feel like smashing my controller.

Just the other day, I had to give up playing for the night after seeing my stats against someone: Tottenham vs City. Possession 64% in my favour after 90 mins. I had 16 shots, 12 on target, to his 5 shots, 5 on target. I lost 5 nil.

Is it just me, or once you lose a certain amount you just don't get it back?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think it can get in your head and affect your play as well. Clear chances suddenly become as difficult as if they had 10 behind the ball.

When you're winning, everything seems to work and every bounce goes your way, but if you lose everything goes wrong. Always worse when losing too - just notice more! Happens to everyone though. Maybe take a break - play some UT, unranked matches or just play easy AI to get the groove back :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

My ratio is seriously brutal aswell. Have you tried dropping back to 3 or 4 star teams ?
    I'm mainly using 4 star Ireland and having much closer matches. I was getting R@ped with 5 star teams before. I'm up to Div 8 now and pretty much happy with my play.

Yeah, dropping a star is a good idea. City are a seriously rated team in FIFA12 - as in, one of the best in the game!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Yeah, dropping a star is a good idea. City are a seriously rated team in FIFA12 - as in, one of the best in the game!

Not a hope.. 3 good players and hart that's all best time in the game is RM after them its Baca then its a toss between utd & B. Munich then maybe city

Cork24 wrote: »
    Not a hope.. 3 good players and hart that's all best time in the game is RM after them its Baca then its a toss between utd & B. Munich then maybe city

One of :)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I was going grand, three promotions in four seasons. Then halfway through my 5th I just cracked, got relegated and I'm now struggling to stay in my current division. It's like I just can't win all of a sudden. Usually dominate possession and create lots of chances, but always draw or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Does go like that i think aswell im on an 11 game win streak after getting battered for a while i,ll go through my losing phase soon enough doh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HammerOfDawn

I'm losing patience with this game. I don't play online too much, got a 15-6-4 (used to be better, explained later!!) record, in Div 7, 3 promotions no relegations. I'm currently on a 3 game losing streak and it turns out im a much angrier person than I thought!! I don't mind losing when the player is better than me, but in these 3 matches in a row, i have lost 1-0, with over 60% possession, and always had a minimum of 5 1 on 1's. In one game I had 20 shots, 16 on target, 8 1 on 1's and lost as they won one header from my goal kick and it put their striker through on goal. AAAAAHHHHHH im startin to hate this game and considering just not playing on line anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Had a day of it on Sunday, played 6 matches lost all 6 across H2H and UT. Just gave up for a few days after that. As said above simple chances become difficult when you are on a losing streak. I lost count of the times I lost a 1vs1, hitting the post with a finesse shot or annoyingly taking a shot on a players weaker leg and seeing it trickle wide. You end up doing stupid things then like rounding the keeper or trying a chip shot. I think out of the 6 games I only got hammered in one and that was a game which I dominated and missed chances, just let in soft goals and I lost all interest then. Interestingly most of my H2H losses came playing as Ireland. Lost twice to that Russian super team (ANZ), any ball to Eto'o in space and the Irish defense is caught out. Stoke were also a bogey team that day, lost twice to them because of corners :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Seeing as you're all as bad as me my psn username is darokane if anyone wants to add me for a game or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Anyone know how to finish a low cross? I have had this happen on numerous ocassions now where the winger hits a lovely cross to the attacker only for the attacker to take a touch as apposed to finish first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

AthAnRi wrote: »
    Anyone know how to finish a low cross? I have had this happen on numerous ocassions now where the winger hits a lovely cross to the attacker only for the attacker to take a touch as apposed to finish first time

As soon as you cross just keep tapping shoot even if you don't think you are controlling the striker.

I find that the key to ending a losing streak was to not let it make me angry. Take deep breaths and don't think "omg I'm going to lose again" or "I BETTER not lose this match". That negative thinking creates a losing streak. Deep breaths, no anger, forget the losses and stay focused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭seathestar

My luck with penalties lately has been brutal, had my last 4 saved, costing me wins or having them saved at a crucial part of the game. I hardly ever manage to save them when its the other way! :mad:

Anyone any tips for scoring from a corner, a lot of the time my player heads it way over, any tips for keeping the header down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ConorNQ

Ugh! I'm playing terribly at the moment too. I would regard myself as a pretty decent player. I got to Division 1 easily enough last week on an old account - only failing to get promoted once.

However, I am playing on a new account now, and I am struggling in Division 10. I've already drawn one game and lost another. On my other account I had 12 losses by the time I reached Division 1, but now I am being broken down far too easily.

I can't decide what team I want to use either. I want to find a team who are solid at the back and have some quality up front. I want to find a team who I can get good with. Tempted to try Palermo after watching Sabre's videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

They need to patch the keeper throw outs. F*cking hell, the distance and accuracy you can get with them..

All it means is that it doesn't matter if you're pasting some lad. He will always be in with a shout on the counter attack because of the throw outs particularly after corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

NufcNavan wrote: »
    They need to patch the keeper throw outs. F*cking hell, the distance and accuracy you can get with them..

To be fair though, most goalkeepers can throw the ball accurately to the half-way line.

I know what you're saying though. All you have to do is hold down X and it will end up going to your striker nine times out of ten.

Something similar that annoys me is when a defender just hoofs the ball, it always seems to go perfectly to a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Boardom

I have gone on horrible losing streaks at times on the game. Its easier said than done but I recommend turning off the console if you lose 3 in a row and take a walk outside. When I go on a losing streak I get so angry and I can't play properly at all. I just do sliding tackles all the time and I get impatient and try to score without doing a proper buildup and that just makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm currently 10/1/0 unbeaten and that draw is seriously pissing me off :pac:

I'm currently 10/1/0 unbeaten and that draw is seriously pissing me off :pac:

There'll be a lot more pissing you off when you get into the proper divisions. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ConorBF1 wrote: »
    There'll be a lot more pissing you off when you get into the proper divisions. ;)

Haha I'd gladly play anyone in those divisions. I just play UT:P If your xbox I'll give you a game now ;)

• Advertisement

Haha I'd gladly play anyone in those divisions. I just play UT:P If your xbox I'll give you a game now ;)

I'm PS3 but I don't have the game at the moment. I got rid of it because it was pissing me off so much. Probably going to get it again over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm usually more into single player games and then play fifa with a few friend but I played the H2H at the weekend and got completely addicted!

Seems like i'm similar to others where I just miss a bundle of chances and it comes back to haunt me.

Whats very frustrating is constantly playing Real, Barca and Man City. I always pick Liverpool just because I support them but If everyone else was doing the same I'd change it up a bit!

Then again maybe picking them is the best way to get up the leagues.

Currently in Division 6! Really want to get into Division 1!

Getting sick of people picking Napoli. It's a nailed on loss for me before the game even starts.

EA needs to distinguish 'skill' and 'pace'. They are not the same thing.

I usually pick Juve on H2H. They are by no means a quick team but have an efficient midfield and very good strikers. Thay suit my gamestyle best. I'm f*cking sick of getting teams like Napoli, Marseille etc. and getting absolutely ripped apart on the counter attack by players like Ayew, Lavezzi, Cavani, Hamsik etc. Most people who pick Napoli just get their player with the ball to sprint past everyone to the byline and square it for the Jew goal. It's too easy.

Basically, if Napoli weren't in this game, I would be in division 1. Have spent 4 seasons in a row in Division 2 now.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Getting sick of people picking Napoli. It's a nailed on loss for me before the game even starts.

EA needs to distinguish 'skill' and 'pace'. They are not the same thing.

I usually pick Juve on H2H. They are by no means a quick team but have an efficient midfield and very good strikers. Thay suit my gamestyle best. I'm f*cking sick of getting teams like Napoli, Marseille etc. and getting absolutely ripped apart on the counter attack by players like Ayew, Lavezzi, Cavani, Hamsik etc. Most people who pick Napoli just get their player with the ball to sprint past everyone to the byline and square it for the Jew goal. It's too easy.

Basically, if Napoli weren't in this game, I would be in division 1. Have spent 4 seasons in a row in Division 2 now.

You might need to adjust your formation so a couple of players sit deeper. A friend sets to defensive for the same purpose. If you're slow at the back, you need to compensate - pace is 90% of this game, dribbling is the other 10!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    You might need to adjust your formation so a couple of players sit deeper. A friend sets to defensive for the same purpose. If you're slow at the back, you need to compensate - pace is 90% of this game, dribbling is the other 10!
    Yeah I know mate, this FIFA favours people who play with pace so much...

I know the 4-4-2 formation inside out at this stage, may get the midfielders to drop a bit deeper and play a 4-2-2-2 against pacey teams like Napoli etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Absolutely gutted. Had 4 games left in division 3 and was on 9 points so I could still get promoted. First 2 games I get disconnected and signed out of the EA server. Both meaning I lost those games! One was only on for 8 minutes of normal time! :mad: Then the next game I draw and the final game I lost. Even though I was the better team I was very poor in that last game. Died a little inside when I got relegated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I went from Division 10 to 7 no bother. Got to 7 and won two games so was relegated. Now back in Division 8 and I'm struggling after initially getting out of there easily.

Had 12 points after 6 games so only needed three points from my four remaining games and I lost all four!

Now back on a new ten game season and won my first two matches last night. Need to keep that streak going.

I usually play as Man City and play in a 4-1-2-1-1 formation. Yaya Toure Toure is usually able to help the back four enough and having Silva play behind a front pairing of Aguero/Tevez tends to work well for me.

My main tactic is to get the ball to Aguero quick and get him to run at defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Lads can anyone tell me how is it possible to edit the quick tactics for your team particularly in H2H? Like can i edit the way my counter attack tactic lines up or is it set the same for every team?

Does anyone use those quick tactics in gameplay much and do you find it helps alot switching back and forth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

After being on a dodgy enough run of games, I finally got promoted to division 3 which makes it even more sweeet as I still havent been relegated yet after 12 seasons:) Gwan FC Twente and Sao Paulo:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

It's all about discovering the way you play and putting that into a formation that is solid!

I always play 4-1-2-1-2!
    My UT record right now is 64-13!

Advertisement