Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Beers Thursday 10th November 2011

Options
  • 25-10-2011 1:53am

Hey guys, coming from another thread it seems a lot of us are in the Rathmines area and would like to have a meet up!

I am proposing the week from 7th-14th, open to all suggestions, anyone interested state their preference, or if you really can't make some day, we'll try to work out something that's best for everyone!

I have to admit that having lived in Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Rathmines, Harold's Cross, know the area inside out, but have never been inside a single pub in Rathmines! I hear Toast is good?

I will go scout them out and talk to the staff if needs be :)

Stick in your suggestions here: What night suits you best, if this week (7th to 14th) suits you best or prefer the week after, if you know of a great place in Rathmines, tell me! I'd be delighted to organise the event and be there to meet everyone but got to give me your preferences first. Ta!!

Look forwards to this happening :D

What night suits you for a Rathmines meet up? 11 votes

Tuesday 8th November
    0% 0 votes
    Wednesday 9th November
    9% 1 vote
    Thursday 10th November
    0% 0 votes
    Friday 11th November
    90% 10 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

That week suits me anyway, let me know what I can do to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rody Bolands > Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Slatterys > Roddy Bolands > Toast

Slatterys isn't as open plan though.

Slatterys looks nice, always intended to have a gander inside eventually!

How are people fixed for Thursday 10th November?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Slatterys looks nice, always intended to have a gander inside eventually!

How are people fixed for Thursday 10th November?

Slatterys is a great spot, I'd be up for Thursday 10th or Friday 11th November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

D-Generate wrote: »
    Slatterys > Roddy Bolands > Toast

Slatterys isn't as open plan though.

I'll go if you're going :p

Is it ok to add a poll to this thread? To get ideas what days people would like to have the beers on!

ETA: I saw nothing in the charter to say polls are not allowed so I'm adding one, remove it if you like Mods :)

Thurs 11th works fine for me, am back on nights on Fri 12th :(

Not being smart like, but Thursday is the 10th! I knew I selected the right sidekick!! Let's adjust time to fit out needs eh! :p

That's how I roll, brosef! I care not for conventional measures of time

morto :o

• Advertisement

We shall kitesurf in our own dimensions, however I don't think that'll roll for a proposed meeting time, so we'll give convention a shot for a night or two.

God no one's going to want to come now they know those two mad biddies are trying to run it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Hey ladies, yep I'd be interested too. What about Copan as the venue?

Never been to Copan, leave the venue suggestions up to people who know the places! Thursday or Friday looking popular! We have time to sort this anyway, no rush as yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Copán is nice. Was there a cupla times. Gets fairly packed down the back but only a bit packed at the front.
    If ur lucky enough to get seats upstairs then ur sorted. You might actually be able to hear people talking then! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

I don't know anybody on this but would be up for meeting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Don't know anyone here either but like the idea!! Would be nice to know a few neighbours!
    Mother Reillys is a great spot too... they play decent music there. Or slatterys for the old-mans-pub atmosfear is decent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Paulj wrote: »
    Don't know anyone here either but like the idea!! Would be nice to know a few neighbours!
    Mother Reillys is a great spot too... they play decent music there. Or slatterys for the old-mans-pub atmosfear is decent as well.

+1 for Mother Reillys. Great spot.

I don't know anyone here either! (Yet!) Really looking forwards to it. Leaving the venue up for discussion since I don't know the pubs myself. Thursday or Friday will be decided on by the poll, or maybe open to change if people really feel strongly about it!

I like the look of Slatterys myself but really, open to opinion of people who have been to the places themselves! Experience is best!

I can do the Thursday or the Friday, Slattery's and Mother Reilly's are both great bars.

It's a tie so far, and I can only do the Thurs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I've voted for the Friday - but i can do either the Friday or the Thursday, Slatteries would be my preferred venue, but, as always, i'm easy.........

Also - hello everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scampie

Hey!! fair play to you for setting this up. Im not really familiar with pubs either. We should go with what the majority saying and I have heard other people say that slatterys is good.

How many people does it look like we have??

Thursday 10th suits me!!

Friday is winning but Alaskimo-Cake can't make Friday so if it's ok with people I think we should make it Thursday? Friday would be good so we can go on the tear though!

Who wants a few quiet drinks and who is keen to go for the full hog night out?

I do hope there will be other beers after this one so no need to cater to everyone this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I thought this was on today :D

Next Thursday suits me :)

Thursday or Friday?

Daddy or chips>

I'm keen to have the meet up in Slatterys if everyone is comfortable with this?

Thursday or Friday?

Daddy or chips>

I'm keen to have the meet up in Slatterys if everyone is comfortable with this?

Thursday is better for me anyway. Im up for going for a few drinks - cant be too late -work friday and all. But yeah thursday in slatterys sounds like a plan!

scampie wrote: »
    Thursday is better for me anyway. Im up for going for a few drinks - cant be too late -work friday and all. But yeah thursday in slatterys sounds like a plan!

Thursday in Slattery's does indeed sound like a plan, is everyone still on for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Thursday it is - time?

We should have a sign up "We're from the interweb" :D

• Advertisement

What time is good for you guys? I'm home early every evening so not bothered! 8 sounds good.

Advertisement