Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Beers Thursday 10th November 2011

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Count me in for Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 finch

I could be on for a few on Thursday too :)

Suppose we should actually decide on this tomorrow! Time is getting short... where's all the people who voted for Friday!!

So far 8pm Thursday in Slattery's is looking good....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

where's all the people who voted for Friday!!

Thinking about it Friday, wouldn't be a great day as the Estonia v Ireland game is on.

Thinking about it Friday, wouldn't be a great day as the Estonia v Ireland game is on.

This is a very good point!

I call Slattery's, 8pm, Thursday. Roll call!

Budgese
    Alaskimo-Cake

Who's with us?

I'll made us a little sign. I'll put something very boring on it so I don't attract a massive pile of very odd followers. Nah, the more the merrier :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

This is a very good point!

I call Slattery's, 8pm, Thursday. Roll call!

Budgese
    Alaskimo-Cake

Who's with us?

I'll made us a little sign. I'll put something very boring on it so I don't attract a massive pile of very odd followers. Nah, the more the merrier :D

Count me in!

Won't be able to get there for 8pm is my only problem, will do my best to be no much later than 9

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

count me in!
    should we bring a can of evaporated milk, or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nari

Friday night for me!!!!

Won't be able to get there for 8pm is my only problem, will do my best to be no much later than 9

I'll be there until they throw me out lol.

• Advertisement

Nari wrote: »
    Friday night for me!!!!

Sorry Nari, see there's an Irish soccer match on Friday night so we thought better to hold it Thursday to avoid the soccer crowd :(

Sure you can't make it for one on Thursday?

Ok, because of the Friday night soccer match, it's definitely Thursday.

It's being set in cement. It's nearly concrete. Stick you fingers in to leave a permanent mark.

I'm going to be in Slattery's from 7:45pm with a sign saying "Boards.ie", reserving the table and looking like an oddball (thank God I like reading, I can bring a book...) and waiting for you guys to show!

I'm a small girl, brown hair always tied up, going to wear blue jeans, a pale tshirt with cats on it, and a wollen cardigan with cars on it, mostly noticable because the hood has a tassle on the end. Oh big brown glasses on me too! Never been into Slatterys in my life, but will pick a table near the door. I might go in tomorrow and ask them to reserve one if I think enough people will show up.

I'm so excited!! My last boards beers was in Balbriggan and two people showed up, but it still rocked.

Could a mod please change this to "Rathmines beers Thursday 10th" please, and close the poll, I don't think I can?

We have decided on Thursday 10th in Slatterys at 8pm.

Hope to see some of you there! By the way, my name is Dee. Don't walk up to me and ask "Are you budgese?" cause that will send me into a spin lol. Asking if I am Dee is easier. If it helps I will wear a big nametag saying "Budgese!" on it. If anyone asks, I'm just promoting the language of budgies. No, my budgies aren't coming too. God no.

New roll call has
    Budgese
    Galadriel
    dr strangelove (with evaporated milk for some in joke i am not getting!)
    Alaskimo-Cake after 9pm.

Still looking alright for a Thursday, and a first try!

I'll be there with my book and my sign anyway, don't make me look more stupid than normal!

count me in!
    should we bring a can of evaporated milk, or something?

I'll eat that if you're not bothered.

What is that about though? Not getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

It's a strange requirement for newbies, my first boards beers was over 4 years ago now and a few of the lads brought evaporated milk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

it was a BGRH thing, all the newbies had to bring a can of evaporated milk to the BGRH beers so they could be easily identified (as if pale, lardy, nervous, balding blokes wandering confusedly around a city centre pub wasn't obvious enough... :) )

Looking back, i think it was to separate us from the weirdos......

I'll be the pale, lardy, nervous looking bloke wandering confusedly around a Slatteries.......... carrying a pint and a can of evaporated milk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Having just moved to Portobello I am tempted to show my face to this even though I don't post in this forum and I would not be drinking.

Maguined wrote: »
    Having just moved to Portobello I am tempted to show my face to this even though I don't post in this forum and I would not be drinking.

Do join us.. I won't be drinking either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Is this for Rathmines residents only? I lived in Rathmines, currently study 20mins away and was gonna call in from the library...

If it's a Rathmines residents only - I'll stay away :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Could a mod please change this to "Rathmines beers Thursday 10th" please, and close the poll, I don't think I can?
    That's done, just FYI in future, if you require changes to thread titles, or any other modly things done to threads or posts, report a post in the thread to get our attention, I only happened to read this thread this afternoon and make the change, could have done it much earlier with a reported post :)
    MIN2511 wrote: »
    Is this for Rathmines residents only?(

Hardly - what are people going to do, bring proof of adrdess :pac:

Also, lads, it's Condensed Milk, not Evaporated Milk. :rolleyes::D

I can't make this one, but do post up about how it went and if you think there'll be another one, I'll try to make the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I think I'll be there. I'm nervous though :o

No need for nerves, sure we're all nice normal folk at the end of it (hah, I hope!) :p

I'm completely knackered right now, sure every one's got the details now... PM me if there's anything desperate! Have to rest up for tomorrow night :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'll be around tonight so might show my face for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

i'll be in this evening around 8. look forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zaharof

Hi all. Just re-registered after a long break and lots of lurking. This is my neck of the woods also if ye dont mind a total sorta newby coming along for a while? :):)

Everyone is welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zaharof

Cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Yep, I'll be there too.

Great Guinness in Slatterys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 finch

I might be able to make it

Advertisement