Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Beers Thursday 10th November 2011

Options

Comments

Brilliant, lads, thanks everyone! I'll be there before 8 to try to find us a nice table, I came home and fell fast asleep and right now I'm a bit groggy :eek: Sure I'll start thinking sensibly before I have to leave the flat! Guess the easier way to recognise me is the quite odd cardigan I'm wearing, several colours with cars on the front and a hood with a tassle. I'll make a sign saying "boards.ie" and stick it on the table but I'll be mortified sitting there with it for too long so it'll probably promptly disappear!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I can't find anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I can't find anyone...

Anyone there yet? I'll be there in 5 mins

Sorry Min, my phone isn't very internet enabled so I wasn't able to check boards from the pub, glad you all found us in the end! Sorry you had the problem if locating us!

Was a very enjoyable and successful beers, definitely another one in the pipelines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

I always seem to come across these threads the day after an event has ben arranged...

• Advertisement

I did get asked by one man if I worked for boards, cause of my sign, and I don't think anyone got the budgie food sitting on the table to indicate that I am, in fact, Budgese, but am glad to say I didn't buy the budgie food just to be weird, and my two birds will be damn glad you guys didn't use it as a snack! (Bird seed isn't that nice, believe me I tried it, we lack the little beaks to take the shells off and it's damn hard on the teeth! Even mixed with the condensed milk! Thanks for that, I'll save it up and cook us up something sweet for the next beers!)

I always seem to come across these threads the day after an event has ben arranged...

There will be another!

Nice one budgese :)

I had a good night; conversation flowed, the lads got chicken and I walked half way home...

Dublin is beautiful at night :D

Aw thanks Min! I legged it home, safe area but midnight on yer own isn't the best fun! Ordered a pizza an hour ago, not impressed it hasn't shown up!

Brilliant night, thanks to everyone for coming out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Had a great night, it was nice to meet you all, such a good turn out too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

For the brief time I was in, I enjoyed it. Didn't get to chat to a few of the people there as I was late and didn't want to impose myself mid-conversation on everyone. Still though- good time, good turnout... success!

Next time I promise not to be late and hopefully won't have an assignment due in the morning, so I can stay and play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zaharof

Was good craic :) Fair dues Budgese.

Right I'm bad with names - and I'm trying to put usernames to faces from last night.

Alaskimo-cafe - I don't think I got to talk to you... Next time :D

Zaharof - who are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

good fun! fair play for organising bedgese!
    We should def try it again sometime.

mmmm, that chicken was lovely!! I'm thinking, is there anything we could make with fried chickin AND condensed milk???

Paulj wrote: »

mmmm, that chicken was lovely!! I'm thinking, is there anything we could make with fried chickin AND condensed milk???
    I only copped on this morning, ye had chicken and no fries???? Who does that?

Remember the odd couple too? Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Paulj wrote: »

Banoffee and fried chicken pie. I hear it's delicious ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Thanks Budgese, had good fun last night.

Hopefully we'll get to do it again :)

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Right I'm bad with names - and I'm trying to put usernames to faces from last night.

Alaskimo-cafe - I don't think I got to talk to you... Next time :D

Zaharof - who are you?

Big nose, suit, getting banged by the door :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Zaharof wrote: »
    Big nose, suit, getting banged by the door :D

:eek: I'm going to the next one!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

getting banged by the door :D

Ah yeah, you were in a horrid spot there alright!

MIN2511 I don't think we did get to chat, but definitely next time!

• Advertisement

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Banoffee and fried chicken pie. I hear it's delicious ;-)
    Did ye go to Halal place by Tesco?

Ah yeah, you were in a horrid spot there alright!

Ah, been in worse spots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Yep. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Is that new? I don't remember seeing it. We where half way home when I realised I never got chips, I was too lazy to walk back! :(

Haha, just found out this morning that wasn't condensed milk, it was evaporated milk! I have no idea what to do with evaporated milk, my fella wants to pour it in his coffee.

Next time I'll bring the tinned dairy produce and someone else can buy my birds their seed!!

(ETA: I'm going to make This stuff with the tin of evaporated milk, if only I could figure out what the rest of the things in the recipe are.)

Listening to the Drive sound track - tune!!!!

I'm off to Cafe Moda today for coffee, a bit crazy but sure I know what I like and I like what I know :D

Galadriel wrote: »
    Is that new?

Yep, used to be Chinese-chinese (if you get my meaning) had some interesting dishes on the menu that one including jellyfish (was like spicy snot!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Never see these things in time either

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scampie

Had a bit of a family emergency so could not make this meet up after all my talk. please please please keep me posted on the next one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

It would be great if the next one was nearer to town....for us Northside dwellers :)

Advertisement