Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Rules Squad 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

His team were losing pretty badly, at home, in a sport that he probably follows.
    You're surprised that he didn't help out the irish joking???? If he was a neutral maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Mellor wrote: »
    His team were losing pretty badly, at home, in a sport that he probably follows.
    You're surprised that he didn't help out the irish joking???? If he was a neutral maybe.

His back was spent facing the action for approx 100% of the match. Yep I'm sure it's a sport he follows alright!

Par for the course in Australia, been at a fair it of cricket and this rule is strictly enforced. Don't blame the officials, blame the rules. If they turn a blind eye, they won't be taken back.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that like most overly zealous rules and guidelines these days, insurance issues are at the heart of it.

Yeh they kicked out a group of Irish guys from Margaret Court Arena last January during the John Isner V Marin Cilic match, for supposedly being too drunk! Utter stupidity. These guys were the backbone and foundation of the amazing atmosphere during that match, and they were singing numerous football type chants about John Isner, all in good fun, such as "If you love Johnny Isner clap your hands". That sort of thing. The crowd were loving it, and when the military dictators kicked them out the entire 6000 people booed, and then proceeded to give these Irish guys a standing ovation, no joke.

Really don't like the way sporting events are officiated. Why doesn't the care-free relaxed Aussie way of life carry into sporting events?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

04072511 wrote: »
    His back was spent facing the action for approx 100% of the match. Yep I'm sure it's a sport he follows alright!
    Isn't that his job? to watch the crowd?
    Not really the relevant part of the post. I don't like to see ireland losign at any sport we are supposedly competive at.

I found the lact of athmosphere down to a half full stadum, they should of kept it to sections so that there was a bit of banter in the busy sections

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Ozeire wrote: »
    Gregsor if you want to get on Irish Tv n radio on Friday do what i didn't get the chance to do last Friday n Mel.

Write KHL on your flag n tie over edge of balcony. The match is live on TnaG n Hectors saying on 2fm is KHL (Keep Her Lit)

If he sees that on tv he'll have u on the radio on Monday.

Let me know how u go. I'll be keeping an eye out for your flag.

Oh n yeah it's a 6k fine for entering the pitch .

Will see how i go,don't think i'm ready for national radio though! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

04072511 wrote: »

Yeh they kicked out a group of Irish guys from Margaret Court Arena last January during the John Isner V Marin Cilic match, for supposedly being too drunk! Utter stupidity. These guys were the backbone and foundation of the amazing atmosphere during that match, and they were singing numerous football type chants about John Isner, all in good fun, such as "If you love Johnny Isner clap your hands". That sort of thing. The crowd were loving it, and when the military dictators kicked them out the entire 6000 people booed, and then proceeded to give these Irish guys a standing ovation, no joke.

Really don't like the way sporting events are officiated. Why doesn't the care-free relaxed Aussie way of life carry into sporting events?

Blame tennis etiquette, not lack of 'banter' (I hate that poxy word) officials doing their job.

Also it's hypocritical to say that Aussies aren't interested in having 'da craic' when if you even fart during a penalty in a Heineken Cup match at home you're given daggers. Why not boo or jeer the kicker like in every other sport? Etiquette, that's why, same as your tennis buddies getting their marching orders.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Blame tennis etiquette, not lack of 'banter' (I hate that poxy word) officials doing their job.

Also it's hypocritical to say that Aussies aren't interested in having 'da craic' when if you even fart during a penalty in a Heineken Cup match at home you're given daggers. Why not boo or jeer the kicker like in every other sport? Etiquette, that's why, same as your tennis buddies getting their marching orders.

If it was Wimbledon then you'd have a point, but the Australian Open and US Open have always had a more vibrant atmosphere to it, with that sort of singing and stuff. Certainly is what it comes across like when watching on TV.

These guys werent shouting out during points or anything. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what they were doing, even by tennis standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

I hope this series ends once and for all. It's pure tripe.

Advertisement