Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Agencies in Sydney

Options
  • 25-10-2011 6:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know any good construction agencies in sydney, Im looking for a job labouring and my friend as a blocklayer, Would rather work on sites rather than in a bar or shop which seems to be where im heading at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You be better off going direct to construction companies imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well in that case You know of any construction companies :D, Been here 3 weeks and no luck yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

astonaidan wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know any good construction agencies in sydney, Im looking for a job labouring and my friend as a blocklayer, Would rather work on sites rather than in a bar or shop which seems to be where im heading at the moment

whats your backround , what have you been working at for say the past 3-5 years , i might be able to point you in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well Ive been in college for the last few years working mostly in a shop with a bit of plaster labouring on the side, have a year left in my course but decided to come down under for a few years instead of completing it as i was losing interest in it

astonaidan wrote: »
    Well Ive been in college for the last few years working mostly in a shop with a bit of plaster labouring on the side, have a year left in my course but decided to come down under for a few years instead of completing it as i was losing interest in it

couple of agencies off the top of my head are , platinum labour hire , christies people , eir group , tellum , they are gonna require that you have previous construction site expierence , some ask for a minimum of 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

daftdave wrote: »
    they are gonna require that you have previous construction site expierence , some ask for a minimum of 2 years

As in labouring etc type experience? I've been on-site on and off down the years but it was always driving a tractor and trailer (family owns an agri contractor/plant hire business). I'd have done bits of labouring on site while I was there when I had nothing else to do but the majority would have been tractor work. Would that hold to me in any way would you think?

Testament1 wrote: »
    As in labouring etc type experience? I've been on-site on and off down the years but it was always driving a tractor and trailer (family owns an agri contractor/plant hire business). I'd have done bits of labouring on site while I was there when I had nothing else to do but the majority would have been tractor work. Would that hold to me in any way would you think?

can you use power tools, say for example a jack hammer or say a grinder ? , could you change a disc on a grinder ? , would you know how to use a demo saw ? , most of these would be used commonly while you are labouring and if you have experience with these tools or other types of tools, then that would be an advantage in an interview , if you tell them that you have experience driving a tractor then i reckon they will bypass you for somebody else.

so be smart when being interviewed , tell them what they want to hear and good luck.

Advertisement