Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin Mc Guinness, Gerry Adams & The fuel smuggler

• 25-10-2011 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

As SF/IRA are so concerned about Sean Gallagher collecting a cheque from Hugh Morgan, do they have any comment about this?

I doubt it, as it shows yet again, SF/IRA will never answer a question directly.

From Mail on Sunday February 2011

"When Mr Adams was asked about Mr Morgan's criminal convictions, he laughed them off, saying: 'You're great, great craic.' He then claimed he didn't know who Sinn Féin was renting the office space from and said he didn't know Mr Morgan personally.

He said the lease was 'a totally bona fide legal contract between Sinn Féin and the owner of the building… sin é, that's it'.

When asked if Mr Morgan was any relation to departing Louth TD Arthur Morgan, Mr Adams said: 'I wouldn't say so,' and joked: 'But there's Morgan's rum now. It's spice rum - especially, it's very nice with Coca-Cola and a twist of lemon.' Speaking during a canvass in mid-Louth, he then turned to his three aides and asked them: 'Is Morgan's Fuel any connection to wee Arthur?' "

Do we really want this type of sh1te from a president? - His party in collusion with convicted tax cheats, and fuel smugglers. (as well as bank robber, money launderers and murderers) - If it was FF renting the offices, then all the SF sheep would be up in arms about ti, but because its them, its a laugh and joke.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

I thought I was the only one concerned about this aspect of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

so it was a legal rental agreement then - whats wrong with that.

they didn't go sneaking round to his house to collect envelopes and then pretend the knew nothing about it.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

they rented an office from someone who is a fuel smuggler, doesn't mean that Gerry Adams is guilty of any thing.
    So by your view as an example I rent a house from a convicted criminal, then I must be guilty by association even though I may not have met him/her before.
    Sounds like sour grapes to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

To be fair noone should be to surprised that SF have a link to a criminal element. Its not really new news. It is surprising that their candidate raised it himself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So it's ok for FF to receive a political donation from a convicted criminal, but when SF have business dealings with him it's only then that the conviction becomes an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

maxer68 wrote: »
    As SF/IRA are so concerned about Sean Gallagher collecting a cheque from Hugh Morgan, do they have any comment about this?

I doubt it, as it shows yet again, SF/IRA will never answer a question directly.

"When Mr Adams was asked about Mr Morgan's criminal convictions, he laughed them off, saying: 'You're great, great craic.' He then claimed he didn't know who Sinn Féin was renting the office space from and said he didn't know Mr Morgan personally.

He said the lease was 'a totally bona fide legal contract between Sinn Féin and the owner of the building… sin é, that's it'.

When asked if Mr Morgan was any relation to departing Louth TD Arthur Morgan, Mr Adams said: 'I wouldn't say so,' and joked: 'But there's Morgan's rum now. It's spice rum - especially, it's very nice with Coca-Cola and a twist of lemon.' Speaking during a canvass in mid-Louth, he then turned to his three aides and asked them: 'Is Morgan's Fuel any connection to wee Arthur?' "

Do we really want this type of sh1te from a president? - His party in collusion with convicted tax cheats, and fuel smugglers. (as well as bank robber, money launderers and murderers) - If it was FF renting the offices, then all the SF sheep would be up in arms about ti, but because its them, its a laugh and joke.

Well obviously the people of louth had no problem with it then and voted Gerry Adams a TD with huge support despite the usual rumours & scare mongering crap.Sinn fein are on the rise and the main political parties and there supporters would want to get used to that fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

realies wrote: »
    Well obviously the people of louth had no problem with it then and voted Gerry Adams a TD with huge support despite the usual rumours & scare mongering crap.Sinn fein are on the rise and the main political parties and there supporters would want to get used to that fact.

There are only so many sheep in the country. SF got their max vote, people with independent thinking don't vote for them.

and before you brand me with a FF brush, I voted both FG & FF at alst election as I vote for the political ideology that I believe in and FF & FG are very very similar in their politics.

There are only so many sheep in the country. SF got their max vote, people with independent thinking don't vote for them.

and before you brand me with a FF brush, I voted both FG & FF at last election as I vote for the political ideology that I believe in and FF & FG are very very similar in their politics.

I am not a sheep and have a very independent mind thanks very much also i tend not to brand anyone with any sort of brush except the obvious ones here (lord sutch.keith afc),If you can vote for your ideology of FF/FG so can other people who don't agree with you it doesn't make them sheep or is that just because they dont agree with your way.nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I voted both FG & FF at alst election

that says it all for me. Also, theres no point in quoting Gerry Adams and then asking "Do we really want this type of sh1te from a president?" - Gerry's not running for president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I don't think Adams is running for president.

• Advertisement

and before you brand me with a FF brush, I voted both FG & FF at alst election as I vote for the political ideology that I believe in and FF & FG are very very similar in their politics.

lemme get this straigh - you vote FF and FG and you have the silliness to call other people "sheep". Thats hilarious that is. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

votecounts wrote: »
    they rented an office from someone who is a fuel smuggler, doesn't mean that Gerry Adams is guilty of any thing.
    So by your view as an example I rent a house from a convicted criminal, then I must be guilty by association even though I may not have met him/her before.
    Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Oh you are so naive, sure don't you know that Gerry Adams is also guilty of being involved in the Priory Hall debacle, since there was a former hunger striker involved in their construction.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pat Delta

The media are a joke --
    One guy gets? a cheque from a dodgy Oil dealar big issue LOL
    another Guy is the leader (or part leader) of a gang of killers (killers of MOST Catholics) their so called defenders and this is all the PAST??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Why should Sinn Féin have a problem? They are opposed to partition and so would not see a problem with Morgan's politically motivated "conviction".

Pat Delta wrote: »
    The media are a joke --
    One guy gets? a cheque from a dodgy Oil dealer big issue LOL
    another Guy is the leader (or part leader) of a gang of killers (killers of MOST Catholics) their so called defenders and this is all the PAST??

Can you show where you get that above information from as it is total fabrication yet again by the Anti MMg brigades who are squealing now that MMg did something to stop SG and there candidates did not.

O and welcome to boards.ie :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So it's ok for FF to receive a political donation from a convicted criminal, but when SF have business dealings with him it's only then that the conviction becomes an issue?

Who claimed that ?

Answer : no-one

Gallagher is finished after last night.

But the fact is that McGun exposed the fact that he has contact with a convicted fuel smuggler.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who claimed that ?

Answer : no-one

Gallagher is finished after last night.

But the fact is that McGun exposed the fact that he has contact with a convicted fuel smuggler.

:D:D:D Your posts are getting more funnier as you go on & on & on & on.

And I wouldent think SG is finished at all at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

So anyone who doesnt vote for FF/FG like you are "sheep"?

The intelligence levels of some here lately show really why Fianna Fail and Fianna Gael have took the piss and destroyed this countrys economy.

You boggle the mind, really you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Wow... some serious anger in that post Op, You'd think you'd be more pissed off with the party that ruined the country wouldn't ya :O.

You vote FF and FG and you have the nerve to call anyone else a sheep :rolleyes:
    I'm not a sinn fein supporter by the way i just think it's ridiculous how you're getting so bent out of shape, why not send an angry email to Enda about how he's not actually doing anything he said he would during the elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Funny thing is, people don't seem to care about "Martin McGuinness, Gerry Adams & the fuel smugler" because all they really care about is whether Sean Gallagaer picked up a Fianna Fail cheque, or not? Then take Mr McGuinness's past as a 'Provo' Versus Sena Gallaghers association with Fianna Fail, the Fianna Fail connection now seeming to be the most poisonous of the two options, even though the Provo's waged an horrific terrorist campaign :confused: Jezuz, only ten years ago the very mention of the Provo's was enough to have most people spitting blood, but now you can even be an ex Provo & be voted (by many) as our Next President!!!

How, Where, & When, did things become so twisted?

• Advertisement

when you say independent do you mean the same way as seaneeeeen gallagher used it as in I'm a Fianna FAIL independent candidate :D

Advertisement