Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to using gloss paint.

• 25-10-2011 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I hate gloss paint like most i'm sure. I have tried thinning it with white spirits and it's still nightmare. I'm just wondering and curious if people still paint their skirting boards white or what about emulsion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Might be worth your trying acrylic gloss paint. Its water based, doesn't smell, and dries much faster that oil based paints. I find it much easier to use indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

ART6 wrote: »
    Might be worth your trying acrylic gloss paint. Its water based, doesn't smell, and dries much faster that oil based paints. I find it much easier to use indoors.

Thank you. I'll have a look this evening on the way home. I don't mind painting but Gloss is another matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Red Harvest

If you still need a gloss finish then you can try using gloss paint plus an additive which makes the paint flow better like owatrol oil its primarily sold as an additive to help control rust but the paint handles differently with about 10% mixed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 spikealmighty

the other halfs mam painted the skirting boards in her bedroom last week, she used a dulux satinwood 'antique cream' (an off white) which was surprisinglly water based!

Advertisement