Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Sports Carlow - New Shop

Options
  • 25-10-2011 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Was in Atlantic Sports new shop in Carlow at weekend.

Much bigger than the old place, plenty of room to move round and good range of stock.

They have a walk in gunroom too. Worth a look if you're in that neck of the woods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

fine setup alright, badly needed in the area. Best of luck to the lads in their new premises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Where abouts in Carlow is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

the shamrock business park, graiguecullen.
    just of the road from where they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

and they are having thier offical opening tonight (wed 26th) from 7 - 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

Chesapeake wrote: »
    and they are having thier offical opening tonight (wed 26th) from 7 - 11pm

if its open till 11 prob call over.. wont be finished college till 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

They can build all the fancy showrooms they like but it won't make up for the mistake of letting go the chap they used to have behind the counter.
    Sean was very helpful and knowledgable, no fancy walk in gunroom will do you much good if you have donkeys behind the counter.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

used to love headin in for a chat with Sean, I'd be in there for hours and the other half outside in the car txtin me "if ya don't come out in the next 10 minutes I'm goin home":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

got on well with him aswell used to be down once or twice aweek to get a few bits and bobs and would end up there for ages chatting maybe with 2or3 other customers there aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

They can build all the fancy showrooms they like but it won't make up for the mistake of letting go the chap they used to have behind the counter.
    Sean was very helpful and knowledgable, no fancy walk in gunroom will do you much good if you have donkeys behind the counter.:rolleyes:

i have traveled the length of the country just to buy stuff from sean. you cant beat an honest down to earth enthusiast.
    i wont be in any rush to travel so far in future:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

i agree there is a old saying
    you can only feed pork you cant educate it and thats say it all for the owner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

must find out if Sean's moved to some other outfit - might be worth investigating lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Sean will be a big loss for sure, he is a genuine guy and went above and beyond to help lads out when they were getting rifles. On saying that the owner is a shooting man himself and his son is a cracking good shot.

I do hope the shop is a success because it is laid out good and you can see the most of the stuff they have unlike the majority of other gun dealers around.
    I do hope they get up a website with a list of stuff and prices. It is a major gripe for me at the moment that you cannot look up Irish gun traders and see what they have and how much it is. They really need to get on with the times, and before lads start going on about the price of setting up a site......facebook lads, its free!!!!! post pics and prices its not rocket science

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I was of the same opinion at first, however that soon changed.

I bought a new rifle, scope, mod, bipod, and spent the better part of 5 months chasing down items i paid for upfront. Between getting the faulty scope replaced/repaired/refunded, getting a hold of my mod that was in the shop when i paid for it yet i couldn't get because it took weeks to get the barrel bushing sized, :rolleyes:, i was left annoyed, and disheartened by the whole transaction.

What annoyed me most was the excuses i was given. Like the turret screwing straight out of the scope. I was told that was normal. When i said they are a sealed unit i was told no they're not :confused:. I rang the manufacturer and they said that shouldn't happen, and they had a product replacement service for obvious faults. When i passed this on i was told NO, it would have to be sent back to the states. It didn't. I ended up having to ship it myself to the UK. :mad:

I finally got my money back, and bought elsewhere, and haven't darkened the door since. Shame too as the shop was decent with some qualtiy stock.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Didn't realise Sean was gone.

When I was there, they're was a guy who used to be in Griffin & Hawe working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tictac3

+1 on this

Advertisement