Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle Blog

Options
  • 25-10-2011 9:55am

For those that haven't played yet - when you open battlefield in Origin, it automatically opens your internet browser and logs you into Battleblog.

You need to install a plugin and it basically acts as your game interface. Joining online games are through the web portal. launching the SP or Co OP match is also done through this. It basically replaces the in game interface.

As a new system I'm of mixed minds. I may be mistaken on some of the above as I have only had a few hours interacting with this.

I like being in a game and running everything from there, it's cleaner. I don't know why they have implemented this new system - but if it's more stable then I guess it's not a bad thing.

What do people think - step in the right direction or more bother than it is worth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I didn't like the idea before i had a chance to test it out, but after using it for the duration of the beta i honestly didnt mind it that much.
    There were a few instances of games being dropped for no apparent reason but no idea if that was related to the battle log or not.
    Compared to BC2 i do find it a lot faster to get into games, no fecking about waiting for splash screens and then having to log in in-game which for some reason always took me a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Battlelog is great, people need to get used to it is all.
    Its not the first of its type by any means, anyone familiar with iracing will be well used to this type of interface.
    Everything you would get from a typical game menu is there along with so much more, my advice is mess about with it, get used to it,explore it, at the end of the day once ingame it makes no difference at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I like Battlelog. A step in the right direction imo. As Cully mentions, iRacing has a similar setup and it allows them to make changes, provide news and game central information to the userbase quickly and easily as well as gather feedback in a central location. Tis all much better than it being hardcoded into the game.

Origin, on the other hand...

Interesting comments. At first I was quite annoyed, after having to install Origin which I didn't really want too I just thought - here is more crap I don't want. It is a nice way of doing things though, and you are right - it seems to be more stable than in game options.

Doesn't seem to carry over my origin contacts though..?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I am having that same issue. I cannot add friends or import from origin. Anyone else getting this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

My main issue with battlelog is while we could dream of bringing the community together...the reality is a substantial part of it are dicks. And the forums can be a grinding test of ones patience and effort.

Saying that I'm glad they added the ability to post on platoon walls so you can ignore the forum now for the most part and I can hang with the other bronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

My main issue with battlelog is while we could dream of bringing the community together...the reality is a substantial part of it are dicks. And the forums can be a grinding test of ones patience and effort.

Saying that I'm glad they added the ability to post on platoon walls so you can ignore the forum now for the most part and I can hang with the other bronies.

Advertisement