Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary power supply - where to buy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

whats youre current system specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Eh, Core i5, 4gb ram, HP 8200CMT PC with 320w power supply. Its a new pc given to me as part payment for a recent job I did for someone. I will be adding 3 SATA 3.5" hard disks and want to add a descent video card for occasional gaming. Do you know where I can buy a supplemental power supply like the one I mentioned mate? I have already looked into the possibility of upgrading the main power supply and its not possible(HP proprietry connectors onboard) that is why I am looking for the supplemental one.

Can anyone else help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

sorry ive honestly no advice. never come across those powersupplies. is it an ultra portable?

have you considered getting a new PSU and motherboard and selling on the "old" stuff. im assuming that the case can take standard ATX or mATX boards. is it a slim style PC?

No, its a standard minitower case, its not a slimline model. The pc is practically brand new so I don't want to replace the board, I just wanted to add a better power supply so I could throw in a new video card for some gaming, it uses onboard video at the moment. The crap thing is that the power supply is non-standard and so are the connectors on the board so its unfortunately not just a case of replacing it with a standard power supply:(

21-1Eo1IFfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Advertisement

Can anyone else help here please?

Advertisement