Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 Release dates - why ?

Options
  • 25-10-2011 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Why are the dates so completely different ?

Q: When will my pre-loaded version of Battlefield 3 launch?

A: Battlefield 3 PC digital pre-loads, as well as the actual packaged product, will become available to play at the following times, depending on your country location.

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Korea Standard Time (GMT +9)
    Brunei, Cambodia, Cocos Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Northern Mariana, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)
    American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Martinique, Mexico, Moldova, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Tajikistan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Virgin Islands

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Moscow Daylight Time (GMT +4)
    Russian Federation

Thursday, October 27th, 12:01am British Summer Time (GMT +1)
    Antarctica, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Christmas Island, Cook Islands, Denmark, Finland, France, French Guyana, French Southern Territories, Germany, Heard and McDonald Islands, Kiribati, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauru, Mayotte, Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Island, Poland, Polynesia (French), Reunion (French), Romania, Samoa, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Syrian Arab Republic, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futura Islands

Friday, October 28th, 12:01am British Summer Time (GMT +1)
    Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Ireland, Italy, Nepal, Pakistan, Portugal, South Africa, United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 2nd, 12:01am Japan Standard Time (GMT +9)
    Japan

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

To ease the strain off their servers, and ALSO, in accordance with law in respective countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Also retailers. They don't want online distributers getting a unfair advantage so would oppose release dates outside the standard times. And while EA want origin to succeed they don't want to have it so at the cost of their other games not being stocked at hmv and game etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Enderman wrote: »
    To ease the strain off their servers, and ALSO, in accordance with law in respective countries.

I don't fully understand this .

Surely for Europe the servers would be in Europe and therefore separate to servers elsewhere ?

And what would be the laws in countries that would prevent a game being released the same time world wide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jonski wrote: »
    I don't fully understand this .

Surely for Europe the servers would be in Europe and therefore separate to servers elsewhere ?

And what would be the laws in countries that would prevent a game being released the same time world wide ?

Game retailers like Gamestop etc have huge objections against this..
    The EU for example would view this as unfair competition which sucks imo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I preordered it so I could play it on the 25th (like they advertised).

What a heap of crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Dermighty wrote: »
    I preordered it so I could play it on the 25th (like they advertised).

What a heap of crap!

The release date for here was always the 28th, must have been reading some american sites im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Game retailers like Gamestop etc have huge objections against this..
    The EU for example would view this as unfair competition which sucks imo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_law

I understand what competition law is , I just don't see how it relates to this ?

And what are the huge objections retailers ?

I am looking for the specific reasons for this if anyone knows them .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 supremeaaron

I wonder if this is the same for the 360 because the 360 servers are so laggy for me at the moment -.-.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Burgo wrote: »
    The release date for here was always the 28th, must have been reading some american sites im afraid.

Actually I set up a proxy setting (took 30 secs) and I have been playing multiplayer for the last few hours!

got the settings here

Some of the maps aren't great but there's a few that really stand out.

Team deathmatch is a great addition!

Dermighty wrote: »
    Actually I set up a proxy setting (took 30 secs) and I have been playing multiplayer for the last few hours!

got the settings here

Some of the maps aren't great but there's a few that really stand out.

Team deathmatch is a great addition!

I personally am loving the conquest mode. The maps aren't to bad but on console some feel to big since it is limited to 12 V 12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭MrsStuffings

I've been playing it since friday due to having a flashed xbox :D

I've been playing it since friday due to having a flashed xbox :D

Nice. I got mine on Monday so I was happy with that.

Anyone else notice the maps on consoles feel to big for 12V12 gameplay?

Advertisement